The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Lucas may have lost some of his quality from his injuries, but I'd still play him over Joe Allen. It was Lucas who set up Sterling's equalizer last night, so he must still have something left!

And after watching the pre-season so far, we REALLY need a new left back, because Enrique is nowhere near the player he was before his injury. I know it was a bad injury and it takes time to get back to fitness, but I worry about him.

Oh, and I love Martin Kelly, but BR really needs to give him a fair shake at centre back. He can't be any worse than Kolol Toure.

I'd play Joe Allen over everyone. I love Joe Allen more than my own mother.

• Like 1

I would say something about how much I think Lucas Leiva is awesome, but Ellis would go ''hurrr durrr Rafa hates defensive midfielders hurrr durrr''

Doesn't count, Brazilian bias.

• Like 1

Various reports doing the rounds that Juan Quintero is flying into London for Arsenal medical.

If true, a top signing. Although I'd imagine one of Cazorla or Podolski would leave.

Would be such a shame to see Cazorla leave and Arsenal would be a bit mental to let it happen. Probably one of the top 3 "behind the strikers" players in the league just now.

Various reports doing the rounds that Juan Quintero is flying into London for Arsenal medical.

If true, a top signing. Although I'd imagine one of Cazorla or Podolski would leave.

Would be such a shame to see Cazorla leave and Arsenal would be a bit mental to let it happen. Probably one of the top 3 "behind the strikers" players in the league just now.

Id much rather have any of Eriksen, Oscar, Ozil, Mata, Hazard, Barkley or even Sterling. Think Arsenal would be fine without Carzola with the players they have.

Id much rather have any of Eriksen, Oscar, Ozil, Mata, Hazard, Barkley or even Sterling. Think Arsenal would be fine without Carzola with the players they have.

To be honest I'm probably basing this too much on my love of Cazorla. Hazard I wasn't counting as I class him more as a winger who comes inside, rather than an out and out "in the hole" player. Top 3 was, David Silva, Mata and Cazorla. Eriksen a very close 4th.

Again I'm probably very biased here and I don't watch much premier league stuff, but if you were to give me a blank teamsheet to fill out, Santi would come very close to being my first choice number ten based on the last few seasons.

An English U21 for less than 4 million? :mellow:

I don't know enough about him to be honest, but I'm very happy to see more defensive signings. I like that he's played abroad and hopefully he'll play some part in the Celtic game on Saturday. I hear he's been bought for central defence and cover at RB, so hopefully this means we can make 4 million back off Naughton, cos we really should sell him, especially with Fredricks coming through.