WWE 2k15

The Buscher

They could just ban the word "Benoit" and variations of it like they did with every possible curse word in Story Designer, they didn't need to outright ban players, glad they seemed to get it worked out. Ban people who have a bad history of uploads for sure though.

• Like 1

So, what, they just have people uploading "The Canadian Crippler" or deliberate misspellings of Benoit or some shit, when it's blatantly Benoit? 2K15 can't even have custom arenas, so it's not like you can recreate WCW or Benoit's WWE run. So, why you'd even want Benoit in your game, I don't know. It's people's own prerogatives, though, I suppose. Just like it's WWE's prerogative to not want to acknowledge a dude who killed his wife and son and then himself.

I don't know if I've just been desensitized by television but it's never really bothered me to watch Chris Benoit. I mean when I first see him it's the first thing that comes to mind but wrestling is suspension of disbelief and after a minute I forget about all that transpired.

That's not me wanting to forget, that's just me getting lost in it.

• Like 1

So, what, they just have people uploading "The Canadian Crippler" or deliberate misspellings of Benoit or some shit, when it's blatantly Benoit? 2K15 can't even have custom arenas, so it's not like you can recreate WCW or Benoit's WWE run. So, why you'd even want Benoit in your game, I don't know. It's people's own prerogatives, though, I suppose. Just like it's WWE's prerogative to not want to acknowledge a dude who killed his wife and son and then himself.

Like I said, ban variations too. I remember when I was using Story Designer, I couldn't use the word "title" because "tit" is in there. So ban: Benoit, Bnoit, Benwah, Beniot, Canadian Crippler, Crippler, Wild Pegasus, Ben W. Ah, etc. and moderate popular uploads.

Don't get me wrong, I have no idea why anyone would ever want to create or play as Benoit, I think he should be essentially erased from WWE history, but outright banning a player for something that's never been explicitly stated as a rule is unnecessary. If someone's constantly uploading Benoits or inappropriate content, yeah, they should be banned, but this seems like a mistake from someone who wasn't trying to cause trouble and was cool about it all getting ironed out.

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't think someone should have been banned for creating or uploading Benoit as it was never stated you couldn't do that - but I'm perfectly fine with his name being banned and uploads being deleted. Hopefully people will get the picture. Add me to the group of people who has no idea why someone would want to play as Benoit. I downloaded a WCW version of Benoit in WWE 13 as I was trying to put together all of the perennial guys from WCW circa 1997-99, but found myself switching him out for someone else anytime Universe booked him for Nitro and eventually just deleted him for someone else. Was just too weird having him in there.

WWE's handling of Benoit has been more than fair. When people cry foul that they've erased him from history - they haven't. Just watch the Royal Rumble by the numbers videos that will come out this year. They'll tell you 2 men have won from the #1 spot, they'll just only tell you about Michaels. Anybody who watches wrestling already knows who the other guy was. And people who don't can go look it up on their own and soon enough they'll realize why WWE doesn't mention him.

The way they've handled him on the Network is perfect as well. I like to watch shows in full, and he was there. If he pops up on a show I'm watching, I'll watch his match. But they draw no attention to him, nor should they. His matches aren't tagged, so you can't specifically search for his matches. That also makes it easier to skip to the next tag/match if you are somebody who doesn't feel comfortable watching his matches at all. That's the way it should be.

There was that incident during Survivor Series where the commentary team was saying Cena, I think, was the sole survivor one year when he actually won along with Benoit.

Whilst I'm here, if you're in the UK then GAME are doing this for £20 on the older systems and £30 on the new ones.

I don't understand how anybody would even want to remember Benoit, nevermind create and play as him.

Because they can separate the wrestler from the man he became? It's not that hard to understand. I want to play as him in all the games because he was a favorite and was legit the reason I started watching wrestling.
  • Like 1

good to see money in the bank in the universe is still broken, I wanted to change some of the participants and when I did it said a 6 man ladder match and Daniel Bryan won the match, instead of coming up like on last years when even if you changed participants it still acknowledge who won the briefcase now I have Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar as the main feud on RAW which I don't mind in all fairness, just seems daft that you cant change someone like Xavier Woods for Cesaro without the universe mode screwing up

I don't understand how anybody would even want to remember Benoit, nevermind create and play as him.

Because they can separate the wrestler from the man he became? It's not that hard to understand. I want to play as him in all the games because he was a favorite and was legit the reason I started watching wrestling.

It's pretty hard to understand. He pinned his wife to the ground and strangled her with a cord. He then spent the weekend with his son before smothering him, all the while with his wife's body still in the house before. I love wrestling, I really do. I grew up with it and even though I don't love it as much anymore, it was still part of my formative years. Those guys were my heroes and will always be part of my childhood. However, what Benoit did was beyond comprehension.

So no I don't understand why people would want to spent time creating him and using him to inflict violence on others in a game, when the man that avatar represents, did the above actions.

He should be buried into the archives and never acknowledged again. I genuinely love wrestling but a man's history of fake fights shouldn't be seperated and celebrated when he left this world as a despicable monster.

Don't want to open the Benoit argument anymore, but that's my view on it!

• Like 2

I think WWE's handled Benoit as well as they could. I don't see how you can seperate what he did from wrestling, considering the effects drugs and brain damage had on what happened. And if you really want to play as him you can create him yourself. But to expect WWE or 2K to host it on community creations isn't reasonable.

• Like 1

It's pretty hard to understand. He pinned his wife to the ground and strangled her with a cord. He then spent the weekend with his son before smothering him, all the while with his wife's body still in the house before. I love wrestling, I really do. I grew up with it and even though I don't love it as much anymore, it was still part of my formative years. Those guys were my heroes and will always be part of my childhood. However, what Benoit did was beyond comprehension.

So no I don't understand why people would want to spent time creating him and using him to inflict violence on others in a game, when the man that avatar represents, did the above actions.

He should be buried into the archives and never acknowledged again. I genuinely love wrestling but a man's history of fake fights shouldn't be seperated and celebrated when he left this world as a despicable monster.

Don't want to open the Benoit argument anymore, but that's my view on it!

I view things a little bit differently, because A.) When someone is dead they are dead. I'm really not going to bother spending effort stressing about the things a dead person did, they can't do them any more because they are dead. Reparations for the family or whatever then move on B.) Wrestling is inadvertently responsible for Benoit. People have a really hard time for some reason coming to grips with brain injuries. If I said '5 bones in his arm were shattered so he couldn't lift something' people would instinctively understand, yet if you say 'he had CTE and his brain no longer functioned in a normal way and he wasn't capable of logical thought' people seem to think that if they had that brain they'd be able to overcome it or that it's an 'excuse'. C.) Wrestling is filled with shitty people. Steve Austin has a history of domestic violence and plenty of other 'legends' of the sport have done horrible stuff. I get that each individual gets to draw their own line in the sand in regards to morals, but still, it seems weird to me the amount you can get away with provided it doesn't involve killing someone.

• Like 2

Fred West laid a lovely patio.

• Like 3