WWE 2k15

The Buscher

So what you're saying is...

...it's actually about ethics in video games journalism?

I already made that joke, keep up!

The arguments are pointless really, if you're not happy you won't buy the game.

I get suckered into it every year, I'm enjoying it so far in terms of pure gameplay, but it definitely feels "lite". More so on the creative elements for me. Very limited. I'm almost thinking maybe they can't fit as much into these next gen consoles as they thought? I mean some games are already 50GB as it is. Add anymore and the games would become astranomical in terms of file size.

More so on the creative elements for me. Very limited.

I think they're kind of hoping the community will do the work for them in some cases as far as the creative elements go. A lot of the designer stuff is obviously much lighter now but in theory, you'd design things in Photoshop or use a photo of the facepaint/tattoo/logo and put that in position after uploading it. It's a pain in the arse as it becomes a lot more fiddly to do though. On the plus side if you have the time to do that you should be able to get things to look better on those that do work than if you try and make a dragoon tattoo using all manner of circles and triangles so it looks "close enough".

It's one of those "I can see the concept" ideas even if it's not ideal yet.

I guarantee WWE games are nowhere near 50gb.

It was 22 GB on install on XB1. Weirdly, though, they stretched the disc limit on 360. Wonder if that had influence in the past for features being taken out before just blatantly nerfing them this year.

The arguments are pointless really, if you're not happy you won't buy the game.

I get suckered into it every year, I'm enjoying it so far in terms of pure gameplay, but it definitely feels "lite". More so on the creative elements for me. Very limited. I'm almost thinking maybe they can't fit as much into these next gen consoles as they thought? I mean some games are already 50GB as it is. Add anymore and the games would become astranomical in terms of file size.

If you can't make a feature-rich, awesome game on FIFTY GIGS of disc space? You're a shitty game developer. Straight up.

Whatever the motivations of the development team were, they definitely aren't pushing the disc space to its max. I can't remember where I saw it, and this is, of course, speculation, but I remember reading an interview with someone on the team saying the ideally needed until about March to get the game to where it should be—with all the match types removed, ability to create divas, creation suite in tact, etc.; basically just have all the features in tact they removed. These dudes HAD to put a game out this year because it's a licensed game and the WWE loves money and it shows. Hell, imagine how much worse it could have been had it been released on its original shipping date of early October.

I'm not excusing the development team, but this has nothing to do with them pushing against the power of the PS4/XBone or the disc space. It has to do with them needing more time to make a better game, not having it, and putting out a game that was half-baked. Am I okay with that? For like, thirty or forty bucks? Maybe. I dunno yet.

Also, the THQ thing was a joke. <_<

I guarantee WWE games are nowhere near 50gb.

It was 22 GB on install on XB1. Weirdly, though, they stretched the disc limit on 360. Wonder if that had influence in the past for features being taken out before just blatantly nerfing them this year.

The other 28GB is locked content and stuff they put in and then removed access to it because fuck you all.

• Like 2