Football Manager 2015

Dan

Spent some time over on the SI forums this morning and, my god, some people there treat this game like a second job. It's mental how much time they put in scouting, researching, trying tactics etc.

Don't get me wrong, I've played 500+ hours on each of the last 5 FMs, but I pretty much pick a team, buy/sell players, pick a formation and press continue.

This is one of the reasons I've fallen out of love with the game.

If I spend ages tinkering with formations, roles, shouts etc., looking at stats and number crunching and you do what you do and get the same results, is the extra effort worth it?

I said a while back that there is no challenge to these games anymore, once you get to full fluidity, you win. It's proven by the fact that literally everyone in this thread is steamrollering their respective games.

You could always finish the Pentagon.

• Like 8

The Wolves manager just turned around and said he was disappointed with being drawn with Everton in the FA Cup, as he wanted one of the bigger clubs. Motherfucker I'm sat in fourth in the Premier League above Manchester City, and you're sat in 17th in the Championship, you take what you're given.

• Like 1

The Wolves manager just turned around and said he was disappointed with being drawn with Everton in the FA Cup, as he wanted one of the bigger clubs. Motherfucker I'm sat in fourth in the Premier League above Manchester City, and you're sat in 17th in the Championship, you take what you're given.

Wolves manager = master of the troll.

• Like 6

So Mike Ashely sacked me once I applied for the vacant Liverpool and Arsenal jobs and told him to get fucked in a meeting, yay!

Got offered the Liverpool job before the Arsenal one so took it and had £50mil to spend, along with a much better squad to begin with. Villa bought Lallana for £30mil and City paid £71mil for Balotelli because they'll clearly never learn. He's brilliant but he doesnt; fit in my system and all that money allowed me to raid my old Newcastle team as well as a few other. All set for the season and a run at the Europa League!

So Mike Ashely sacked me once I applied for the vacant Liverpool and Arsenal jobs and told him to get fucked in a meeting, yay!

Got offered the Liverpool job before the Arsenal one so took it and had £50mil to spend, along with a much better squad to begin with. Villa bought Lallana for £30mil and City paid £71mil for Balotelli because they'll clearly never learn. He's brilliant but he doesnt; fit in my system and all that money allowed me to raid my old Newcastle team as well as a few other. All set for the season and a run at the Europa League!

Edited by Jasonmufc

I rarely get a chance to play in it but I do enjoy the Europa League. Less pressure and more obscure, fun teams. I got drawn against Azerbaijan giants Qarabag Agdam in the group stages! 

Also welcome to the Premier League Milwall.

b8vjna.png

Enjoy your brief stay!

Edited by TCO

Ugh... I think my save has broken, it clearly couldn't handle the reality of me winning something major for a change...

So everytime I now get scout reports it says N/A - N/A at Current and Potential rating, and when I go to the player page, there's no scout report.

I've looked around on the sigames forums, and whilst people have had similar problems, i've not seen a fix to their issues.

It's not completely game breaking, but since it has destroyed scouting, it's going to be nigh-impossible to find great youth and great players without having to go to huge lengths to find them. So I guess i'm royally effed right now, and am forced to start a new game :(

Just had one of those glorious FM moments that end with you punching the air rather than the desk!

My Everton side, having already sealed a second straight League Title, get drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League Semi Finals.

First leg, John Stones (!) scores a 35 minute hat trick, only for Benzema to snatch Real a late lifeline with an 80th minute header. 3-1 up going into the away leg and we're 2-0 down after an hour and on our way out. We fight back but end up 3-1 down after 90 minutes. Extra time. Carvajal goes off injured, leaving them with ten men but it's still end to end stuff. Just as it looks like it's going to penalties, up pops Kevin Mirallas, in the 121st minute, to smash us into the final.

Cue a Tim Cahill esque boxing celebration and silent roar so as to not wake the Mrs. Awesome - not got that involved in a match in FM for years.

Even better, we'll face Leverkusen in the final after they somehow put out Bayern.

• Like 4

Just had one of those glorious FM moments that end with you punching the air rather than the desk!

My Everton side, having already sealed a second straight League Title, get drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League Semi Finals.

First leg, John Stones (!) scores a 35 minute hat trick, only for Benzema to snatch Real a late lifeline with an 80th minute header. 3-1 up going into the away leg and we're 2-0 down after an hour and on our way out. We fight back but end up 3-1 down after 90 minutes. Extra time. Carvajal goes off injured, leaving them with ten men but it's still end to end stuff. Just as it looks like it's going to penalties, up pops Kevin Mirallas, in the 121st minute, to smash us into the final.

Cue a Tim Cahill esque boxing celebration and silent roar so as to not wake the Mrs. Awesome - not got that involved in a match in FM for years.

Even better, we'll face Leverkusen in the final after they somehow put out Bayern.

Do me a favour and manage us IRL. >_>

• Like 3

I douby my approach of, "You're playing 433 lads.... yes, again... crack on. " would yield much success in the real world.

• Like 3

I douby my approach of, "You're playing 433 lads.... yes, again... crack on. " would yield much success in the real world.

Depends, at least you might play players in the right position instead of CAMs on the wing.