Football Manager 2015

Dan

Big-Ass post disclaimer, TL;DR warning up to 11

So, I managed to survive the pre-season pretty nicely, and I am a few days away from facing Man Citeh in the Community Shield match, to decide... things.

I've been very busy in squad building, sold a few guys for big chunks of cash and signed other guys for less. Sterling and Chikh will be tough to replace, but the money they brought in was simply amazing in every right.

Transfers In:

Melvin Mulder < Ajax (6,75M)

Richairo Zivkovic < PSG (11m)

Sascha Horvath < Fulham (4,2M)

Noah Huber < Basel (15M)

Scott Burt < Arsenal (3,1M)

Jay Hill < Southampton (20M)

Enzo Medina < Atletico Paranaense (8M)

And others (2,95M)

Total spent: 71M

Transfers Out:

Steven Caulker > Arsenal (2,1M)

Bilal Ould-Chikh > Monaco (40M)

Raheem Sterling > Monaco (35M)

Aleks Dragovic > Lyon (1,5M)

Lewis Holtby > Kaiserslautern (800K)

And others (600K)

Total Earned: 80M

So in total, I made a ''whopping'' 9 million. But at least with ridiculous sponsor cash, tv revenue, europa league revenue, ticket sales, Merchandise... And more, I am sitting at a tidy 32,6M in the blue. With less wages being handed out, I'll end up making more money in the coming season.

The Squad:

Goalies:

Jack Conway

Tom Firth

Full Backs:

Georgy Schennikov

Andrew Robertson

Callum Chambers

Juan Manuel Sanchez

Neil Isaac (Youth training with First Team)

Melvin Mulder

Center Backs:

John Souttar

Jeroen Bouwmeester

Edoardo Goldaniga

Scott Burt

Petr Hajek

Martin Haysen

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson

Noah Huber

Sascha Horvath

Abdullah Turan

Jakub Toman

Jurgen Unger (Youth training with First Team)

Nildo (Youth training with First Team)

Andre Ayew

Strikers:

Ismael Azzaoui

Julio Cesar Iturra

Enzo Medina

Jay Hill

Richairo Zivkovic

So basically, quite a few changes... Juanfran and Marcos Rojo retired, Alberto Moreno left on a free and went back to Spain. So in return I signed Scott Burt, Bouwmeester for in center, Mulder for the right, and Schennikov for some backup depth at left... Mix of youth and experience, cheap older guys to help with tutoring and not be moaning at every moment. Petr Hajek I signed on a free after he got dumped by Man Utd, he's not great but he's cheap and decent, maybe he can become something less average in the future. Haysen on the other end had a huge improvement last season, and is looking to become a star defender this season, he's also still training to become natural at MC because he might be useful there too.

In midfield it has become a little bit more cramped. Five main midfielders in Henderson, Huber, Turan, Toman, Horvath who will by vying for playing time. Of course Hendo and Huber are almost a lock for being first team players, the other three less so. Unger and Nildo are youths I called up to train with the first team, they'll get some backup minutes and for the rest play with the U21 and use the First team training to improve quicker...

Strikers the biggest change has happened, Sterling and Ould-Chikh are gone for a combined 75 million, simply too much money to scoff at. I instead have built a new squad, again both youth and experience to hopefully have a deadlier squad up front in the upcoming season.

Azzaoui had an average year in the league last year, but still reached 31 goals through cup and europe play... He's on the burner a little bit, if a big offer comes in i'll sell him and get rid of his 800K contract. Despite that, still first choice striker.

Zivkovic was available for 11 million from PSG, and he's only 28 to boot. Basically a great deal, he's got great skills and he should do perfectly in my tactic.

Iturra was with the team last season, and his first Liverpool season was pretty good with 21 goals in 42 games all around, with Sterling and Chikh gone his playing time will go up quite a bit, so I hope he'll continue improving and become a deadly striker, perhaps making Azzaoui even more of a sell option...

Jay Hill might not look awfully impressive, but he scored 29 goals for Southampton last season, and 24 combined with Everton the two seasons before that. Unassuming, but still a goal machine, part of me feels the 20 million transfer is a mistake, especially with the addition of Zivkovic and Medina, but I hope he'll prove me wrong.

Enzo Medina was my last transfer, only signed a few days before. My scouts found him and told me he was average, I told my scouts to go such a fatty and get the hell out of my sight. Great mentals, great technicals, good physicals, and only 23 years old. And he only cost me 8M, making him the cheapest striker of the team... Got a permit after appealing the first time around, and he looks to be a magnificient player worth more than a 2.5* rating.

Basically I feel I have lost a few great pieces in Sterling and Ould-Chikh, but I have made the impact of their departure as little as possible whilst making some money on the side. Less wages to be paid out too, so I think financially the team has a better future. In terms of expectations I want to get back into the Champions League after missing out last season, I want to make a strong run for the Europa League title, win the cups, and look good doing it...

As always I will close off with the final Ronaldo-watch for a long while...

Like I thought he decided to hang up his boots at the end of the season, finishing his last Real Madrid season off with 19 goals and 10 assists, and an average rating of 7,78, his sixth best personal rating of this save... Of course, he didn't sit still at all, and within a week he got signed by Academia to be their manager, so maybe he'll not just ruin the beautiful game on the pitch, but also next to the pitch...

23 years of Cristiano Ronaldo...

96772aa9d916c0d542e3037d8e9fb148.png082b4121551671702077c20aca2a1c4b.png

b479e21c58b104c4d62c6e3f5c95a0d3.png

Edited by Jasonmufc

I've turned my Newcastle squad into a world class unit much quicker than expected on my soon to be long-term game! As I said, I finished 2nd and other teams were desperate to sign some of my players. I sold Colback (Man United), Janmaat (PSG) and Ayoze (Aston Villa) for exactly £100mil and along with a few players outside my starting 11 I had a stupid amount of money to build and Champions League football to attract the players. Ayoze was a funny one, all the big English clubs refused to offer over £40mil and then Aston Villa of all people lumped up £50mil for him. I can't see him being happy there and staying for long, they still have a shite team and aren't in Europe.

My squad is

GK

Krul

Darlow

LB

Kurzawa

Garbutt

CB

Balanta

S. Taylor

Lascelles

Ginter

RB

Danilo

Chambers (Loan with £24mil option)

CM

Sissoko

Ward-Prowse

Anita

Tielemans

LM

Sisto

Thauvin

RM

Aarons

A. Zivkovic

ST
Depay

Vietto

Next seasons budget will probably be spent on Steven Taylor's replacement and a better left footed winger. Only reason Aarons is there is because I like him and want to see how good I can get him! But yeah, a world class squad has been way too easy to put together!

Balanta...Tielemans...it's like deja vu all over again every other post in this thread. :/

They are the best value players in the game,wouldn't make much sense signing mediocre older players for more money :/

So I've made some offers to youth players and despite having almost one hundred thousand pounds per week available in my budget, the game will not allow me to offer more than 85 pounds per week as a wage to these players. Is there something I'm missing?

What country? Some places have restrictions on wages for youth players.

Alternatively - have you changed the contract from youth contract to a full contract?

Won the League and Champions League last year, this season I'm on target to retain both and win the FA Cup if all goes to plan... and hopefully get an invincible league season too :w00t:

I'm not even sure where I would go from there, winning the holy trinity would just be insane and leave me nowhere else to go but international management. Can you still manage both club and nation in FM, or is it restricted these days?

I would already have it if AVB wasn't a knob and stole the job from me :(

Also, I need to play at least another two seasons so I have a chance of generating a son (from what I've read it's randomised when you hit 35, is that right?), at which point I am totally going to save before youth intake and restart until I get one :shifty:

Mid-way through my third season, and sitting pretty at the top of the league with Gladbach with only one league loss to my name, and I also qualified in first in my Champions League group which featured PSG, PSV and Hull City (who had somehow finished 3rd in the 2015/2016 season under Steve Bruce so as to qualify, and they now have a 32 year old Fernando Torres leading the line and doing a damn good job of it too).

I've agreed to sell Andre Hahn for £21m to Spartak, a full £3m more than his actual release clause. I probably could have gotten more for him, but he's frequently moaned when clubs have sniffed at him, so he can have his way and move elsewhere but to a team who won't pose much of a threat to me.