Football Manager 2015

Dan

Can anyone explain to be in simple terms how to download and update CM 01/02 onto a laptop without a CD drive?

You can get virtual drives that let you mount disc images. The .iso of 01/02 is free to download these days and, IIRC, the data update is just some executable thing that installs itself. Maybe I'm talking out of my arse on that one though.

• Like 1

I think this Seattle team is the most lop-sided I've inherited yet. In a (tiny) squad of 19 players I have one GK, one DL, one DR...but seven players capable of playing AMR. wut.

And immediately I have four other MLS clubs offering to trade me for my singular goalkeeper. Agreeing to this in just about any circumstances would seem to be the stupidest act ever...let alone when the offers are as crappy as:

#1) LA Galaxy offer $266,000

#2) Montreal Impact offer their 1st round pick in the 2022 Supplemental Draft and Real Salt Lake's 2nd round pick in the 2023 Supplemental Draft

#3) New York offer their 1st round pick in the 2023 Supplemental Draft and their 4th round pick in the 2022 Supplemental Draft

#4) NYCFC offer their 1st round pick in the 2023 Supplemental Draft and their 4th round pick in the 2025 Supplemental Draft

Why would I care about 4th round picks in drafts IN FIVE YEARS' TIME when this deal would leave me without a goalkeeper next week?!

In retrospect, watching the film Draft Day a couple of weeks ago was magnificent prep for understanding all this nonsense. :shifty:

• Like 3

I think this Seattle team is the most lop-sided I've inherited yet. In a (tiny) squad of 19 players I have one GK, one DL, one DR...but seven players capable of playing AMR. wut.

And immediately I have four other MLS clubs offering to trade me for my singular goalkeeper. Agreeing to this in just about any circumstances would seem to be the stupidest act ever...let alone when the offers are as crappy as:

#1) LA Galaxy offer $266,000

#2) Montreal Impact offer their 1st round pick in the 2022 Supplemental Draft and Real Salt Lake's 2nd round pick in the 2023 Supplemental Draft

#3) New York offer their 1st round pick in the 2023 Supplemental Draft and their 4th round pick in the 2022 Supplemental Draft

#4) NYCFC offer their 1st round pick in the 2023 Supplemental Draft and their 4th round pick in the 2025 Supplemental Draft

Why would I care about 4th round picks in drafts IN FIVE YEARS' TIME when this deal would leave me without a goalkeeper next week?!

In retrospect, watching the film Draft Day a couple of weeks ago was magnificent prep for understanding all this nonsense. :shifty:

keep in mind, this is the supplemental draft, the draft with players that weren't good enough to go in the actual draft.

Isn't the supplemental draft for players who leave college too early? I know it is for the NFL (like Josh Gordon) but the MLS might do it differently.

In FM, the supplemental draft is for 23 year old players with a 2 star potential who get released after a year and disappear.