The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

Guest Mr. Potato Head

The only solution to the 'not enough plot for the side characters' problem would be to heavily reduce the number of one-off cameos from side characters, in which case we'd all be pissed we didn't see our favourite characters.

The only solution to the 'not enough plot for the side characters' problem would be to heavily reduce the number of one-off cameos from side characters, in which case we'd all be pissed we didn't see our favourite characters.

I'm still baffled that Lindsey Naegle got two lines and neither Principal Skinner nor Groundskeeper Willie, to my recollection, even got one. Oh, they appeared but at no point did they get real lines.

As someone who has not seen the movie yet, GoGo's post makes me think two things:

1) Who?

2) No Groundskeeper Willie?! Fuck this movie, I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

1. Lindsey Naegle is pretty much their stock character that they use when they need someone to fit the role of a female businesswoman. She's not terrible and the first time they use her it makes sense to have her there, but her second line could have easily been given to Willie, Skinner, or one of the many other characters who deserved an actual speaking part more than her.

2. Wiillie is in the foreground a lot, to be fair. Like, whenever there is a crowd shot in Springfield he's always right in front, and I think there might have been a couple of sight gags with him. But he doesn't have any real lines and that is criminal.

Am I the only one that found the Tom Hanks part funny? Or was that just really far down everyone else's lists? :P

The Tom Hanks bit was fantastic. It wasn't just you.

Also, my one minor quibble with the film was that whilst Albert Brooks was fantastic as Russ Cargill, that had a lot to do with the fact that he was just playing Hank Scorpio again. Still, great movie.

I shall 3rd the Tom Hanks bit! Also the Green Day part for more perverse reasons :shifty:

It was a good film. Quite a lot of fun points and Albert Brook's preformance was wonderful. "Have you ever tried going mad without power!? It's not so great no one listens to you!" and "The two things they don't treach you at Harvard are how to take defeat well or handle a shotgun, now I'm going to try both" are probably my favourite lines (which I may have fluffed but still) outside anything he does with the President.

Guest Anti-Hero

Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

"I know how ya feel. I got beat at Tic-Tac-Toe by a chicken." -Cletus

I laughed so hard at Smithers' horrified reaction when Apu told Mr Burns to listen to his heart. Tom Hanks' cameo was also pretty funny.

Tom Hank's second appearance during the credits was awesome.

"Hello, I'm Oscar winning actor Tom Hanks. I hope you enjoyed the movie. Remember, if you see me in public....... Let me be."

And I second the love for Albert Brooks performance. One of the best things about the movie.

I'll try something different by saying I was extremely disappointed in the movie. I laughed out loud at two parts; Tom Hanks and Grand Theft Walrus. Maybe it was the fact that the theater was full of kids who wouldn't shut up. I'll rent it when it comes out and maybe that will change my opinion, because I did miss some things.

I thought the movie was quite good, I can't actually fault any part of it.

I laughed at the 'American Idiot (Funeral Version)', not to mention the fact that they killed Green Day.

The Cletus bit also made me laugh. Alot.

And the Monkey in Homer's head.

There are many other moments that made laugh aswell

As someone who has not seen the movie yet, GoGo's post makes me think two things:

1) Who?

2) No Groundskeeper Willie?! Fuck this movie, I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

1. Lindsey Naegle is pretty much their stock character that they use when they need someone to fit the role of a female businesswoman. She's not terrible and the first time they use her it makes sense to have her there, but her second line could have easily been given to Willie, Skinner, or one of the many other characters who deserved an actual speaking part more than her.

2. Wiillie is in the foreground a lot, to be fair. Like, whenever there is a crowd shot in Springfield he's always right in front, and I think there might have been a couple of sight gags with him. But he doesn't have any real lines and that is criminal.

I'll try something different by saying I was extremely disappointed in the movie. I laughed out loud at two parts; Tom Hanks and Grand Theft Walrus. Maybe it was the fact that the theater was full of kids who wouldn't shut up. I'll rent it when it comes out and maybe that will change my opinion, because I did miss some things.

I forgot about Grand Theft Walrus.

Someone needs to make that game.

I fucking loved it. As long as you don't go in expecting Battleship Potemkin or anything, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with it, it does everything you should hope for from a Simpsons movie.

Spiderpig owned, although I'm annoyed you never found out what happened to him later, although the Danny Elfman-esque version of the Spiderpig theme later on and during the credits had me in hysterics. There weren't too many MASSIVE laugh out loud moments, but enough quality lines to keep me entertained throughout, and what more can you ask for?

I'd like to see the Sideshow Bob scene, though...

Ok, firstly I will start off by saying the following: Fuck Jouzy. The South Park movie is wonderful. The only bad thing even associated with it is the DVD which is totally lacking in anything, I demand a Special Edition.

Now onto the movie, I agree alot with Reflecto's post and found myself nitpicking on various trivial matters throughout the movie (DIG YOUR WAY OUT!) but on the whole I enjoyed it.

The moment with Marge's taped message to Homer and the fact that she taped it over their wedding video, it really got to me. I do love a good heart string tugging moment. Also, holy crap did this movie get dark when the mob came in. Seriously, they were gonna hang all of them? And they even went so far as to put a pacifier on one noose? Jesus christ.

Favourite moment might just have to be Martin near the end smacking around the bullies with a stick.

I do have some downers. The general premise grated me a little what with the enviroment and government conspiracies.

Gerneal question, mainly towards the Americans, how did the Kenndy family joke go over with the audience? It got nothing here (understandinly) but I figure it would have got something more over there where it's more relevant. The line about Lisa being a woman and thus she'd be able to hold her hate forever got squat too.

There were a few moments you could tell they put in the movie 'cos they could never get away with them in the TV show (aforementioned nooses, Bart on whiskey, etc.)

Marge's voice freaked me out in the video tape bit. She got really gravelly for a moment. That was a real great heartstring pulling moment, just because there have been so many "Homer & Marge tension" episodes that they really needed to set this apart, and I think they did the best they could have possibly done there...I was expecting the brief clip of the wedding video to fade out into something insignificant that Homer had taped over it years earlier, but I'm glad they didn't go with that fairly obvious joke, and left the emotions on the same level. In fact, I was impressed all-round with the frequency of jokes, in the last few series they've been pretty rapid fire and all over the place, at the expense of the strength of stories that characterised the "golden years" of the series, but the movie had its sense of pace pretty much perfect.

The South Park Movie was gash. The Family Guy Movie was an extended episode of Family Guy and as such was incredibly hit and miss.

Edited by Skummy Guðmundsdóttir