The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

I thought it was good, but way too short.

If they were doing a film I thought they should have it go on at least 1 and 3/4 hours. It seemed like it was over after 10 minutes.

Just seemed like an average Simpson's episode but longer to me, although the bit with Cletus walking into the wall made me crack up.

I liked it a lot. The preview screening I was at was CROWDED with teens and pre-teens though (why the hell did they get out at midnight anyway?) so that took something away from it, I'm sure I will enjoy it better on DVD. Seriously, I was the only one laughing for the "rock and A Hard Place"-gag. :(

Haven't you seen his ring posts?

That's all it is, quality post after quality post.

I'm also torn about this simpsons movie, whilst I know it'll be alright, I didn't like the Family Guy movie at all and the south park movie was incredibly average and annoyed me. Still, I MAY watch it when it comes out on DVD, but unless people start raving about it, I won't go, I don't think.

Just saw it, it was okay. There were some laugh-out-loud points, but just seemed like a regular episode. Still, it was worth the $5 that I paid to see it (thank you early shows). Definitely good enough to go see at least once.

I'm traumatized, and feel like a pedophile, tho...

I saw it, and I'd argue it was better than the recent episodes if only due to the length: The problem that seems to come with the recent episodes is that at the moment, the show's problems are that they separate into a few different categories: The off-the-wall episodes (quite often good), the generic "The Simpsons ARE GOING TO (x)!" (which are hit-or-miss), the generic "something pulls Homer and Marge apart, then they get back together by the end" (which are rarely tolerable now), and the season's token Lisa episode (which has plummeted from leading to some of the series' better episodes of previous seasons to perennially one of the worst each year.) The movie kind of worked for a direct example of that as a result: Each of the basic "semi-plotlines" probably would have resulted in about 5-7 subpar episodes of the TV show in and of themselves, but when they were together it actually worked much better than the sum of the parts.