The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

Nah it just has a moment that resonated with me emotionally and personally. Buying a baby Red Sox onesie thingee for a baby to be. Fathers to be for the first time that give a shit do that kinda thing. Cept mine was a Batman onesie thingee. It touched me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was just watching the episode where Bart fakes the drivers ID and then he, Milhouse, Nelson and Martin go on a roadtrip. It happened to be on Global, and I saw two parts in a row that FOX must have cut out and they totally shouldn't of, there's some good stuff.

[car driving with kids being noisey in the back]

Father: "THAT'S IT YOU LITTLE PUNKS, IF YOU DON'T BE QUIET THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE ANY CAPE CANAVRIAL FOR ANYONE!"

[Nelson reaches over from the car and smacks him in the back of the head]

Father: "That's it! Back to Winnipeg!"

[boys are driving car, next scene there's a hitchhiker with horrible hygeine in the back between Martin and Nelson]

Hitchhiker: "Can we stop for ice cream?"

[suddenly they all have ice cream]

Hitchhiker: "I didn't think I was rehibilitated, but I guess they needed the extra bed."

Any other gems that FOX cuts out?

They cut out about a minute or two from every episode now for syndication because commercials are longer now than they were a few years ago. Every syndicated show gets clipped unless it was made not too long ago. It's pretty much the best reason to buy older seasons of shows on DVD because you'll get the whole episodes. They always seem to cut out great bits that didn't necessarily move the plot.

Edited by Plankton

Guest Preston

ok. well i just think its wrong as everytime you watch the simpsons on sky its always the same episode anyways, so why try and make it different by cutting bits out, lol.

One time, I emailed my local Fox station about the syndication of the Simpsons and why they kept re-running over and over Season 10 - 13, instead of like 1 - 13, and they are like we only got a contract for those 3 years..

trust me, nothing more frustrating than watching 3 Seasons of Simpsons over the course of a year.. talk about repetitive.. Hell it's gotten to the point that where I live now, the Old, old classic ones are all like brand new because I forgot how they begun.