The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

• 2 months later...

'Simpsons' movie revealed in trailer

By Sheigh Crabtree

Homer Simpson hit the big screen on Friday in a short teaser trailer announcing "The Simpsons" movie.

The "Simpsons" teaser debuted prior to the opening of 20th Century Fox's latest animated film "Ice Age: The Meltdown." The clip announces Fox's July 27, 2007 release date for "The Simpsons" movie.

The animated 25-second clip opens on a giant superhero S. "Leaping his way onto the silver screen," intones a narrator, "the greatest hero in American history!" Cut to Homer Simpson sitting on his couch in his tighty whities. "I forgot what I was supposed to say," he says. The narrator continues, " 'The Simpsons Movie,' coming to the screen, July 27, 2007." "Uh, uh," says Homer, "we better get started."

The "Simpsons" clip discretely went out to theaters as part of a combo-trailer that includes Fox's "Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties." The same clip is expected to air during "The Simpsons" television show Sunday night.

The long-running animated television series created by Matt Groening and developed by James L. Brooks is currently being adapted for the big screen at Film Roman Studios in Burbank.

"The Simpsons" has been on television since late 1989. It started as a segment of Fox's "The Tracey Ullman Show" in 1987-88.

Film Roman Studios is a subsidiary of IDT Entertainment, which has a two-year multipicture deal with 20th Century Fox Animation.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/artic...t_id=1002275630

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13483,00.html

The extra link is to prevent April Fool's posts, as the movie HAS been in the pipeline.

I haven't watched The Simpsons for maybe three years now. I know the good episodes too well to be interested in seeing them again, and then there are the ever-increasing mulitude of those that suck. The concept of a movie scares me.

All the episodes lately haven't been very good in my opinion, they bust out the odd funny one...but I miss the older ones that are on all the re-runs.

Maybe this one will have some good, I wonder what the main plot idea will be though and if it will effect the TV at all, I think it would be cool to tie them in to eachother a little, not much to stop spoiling and whatever but still.

I haven't watched The Simpsons for maybe three years now. I know the good episodes too well to be interested in seeing them again, and then there are the ever-increasing mulitude of those that suck. The concept of a movie scares me.

Agreed with the opinion that the recent episodes have been high on the suck factor. If this movie is amazing, then it will give the series a few extra years of life. If it fails, I don't think new episodes of "The Simpsons" will happen when there current contract is up - at least not on FOX.

I have liked the newer Simpsons episodes really, I see three distinct eras of Simpsons television. First there was the early era, which was all about teaching actual morals of a more real American family, through that family. The second era puts them in more ridiculous situations and then when they got so far as to the newer era, they realized that they had free reign to do whatever they really wanted to with the stories. I personally like it myself.

Can't wait for the movie, just based on what it is I have to see it.

The Simpsons is ok now, it has it's odd good show but it has it's odd bad show with most of them being average. It's no doubt that Season 3-8 is definently the best "era" though.

I still enjoy the show so I'm pretty excited about the movie, as anything Simpsons I still find funny. Although, I will admit that he humor used now is more random than it was in the earlier years, which is what I like sometimes.

Meh, it's not as good as it used to be. At times it's really just not funny and not worth watching. But I'd still tune in.

When this movie comes out, yeah I might see it. I never look forward to movies, least I haven't since Kill Bill 2 and Man on Fire two years ago, but this might be a change.