The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

Gerneal question, mainly towards the Americans, how did the Kenndy family joke go over with the audience? It got nothing here (understandinly) but I figure it would have got something more over there where it's more relevant. The line about Lisa being a woman and thus she'd be able to hold her hate forever got squat too.

I don't remember the Kennedy joke and I was in Mass. to see the movie. Probably got some reception but not as much as you're hoping for. Then again, Ted Kennedy is revered around here for some reason.

Painfully average.

I expected so much more from a Simpsons movie. It honestly just seemed like a really long Simpsons episode. I didn't go in with high expectations, however they were met.

Went and saw it tonight. I'm with PunkRockPete. It was fairly funny, but nothing outstanding. VERY average. However Homer is an AWESOME character. It's been a while since I actually watched The Simpsons, so I forgot just how good he is. The pig stuff was gold, and the Ralf bit at the start = the funniest part of the entire movie, as it was before it started. :shifty:

I've seen worse. I mean it was fairly funny. But for £6, I don't quite feel like I got value for money.

Saw it on Monday with my mates, I absolutely loved it! The Ralph bit at the begining was pure gold.

Plus I loved the following.

The neer the end bit with Lisa, Millhouse and Collin.

The opening bit with Ralph.

Spider Pig/Harry Pogger.

And who could forget the Homer/Huskies bit.

The talk of Ralph reminded me of another good bit.

When Bart is doing his nude skateboarding and Rakph says "I like men now." or something. Gold.

Did anyone mention that yet?

OK, saw it earlier on today, and really quite enjoyed it. Yes, it's pretty much just an extended episode, but to see it on the big screen after so long makes it very watchable. Plenty of gags, although I reckon they could've gone 10 minutes more and given more of the side characters some scenes or even just some lines. But a small quibble to a very good film. I'd say it's appeal as a family film is immense, as there really was a joke for every age group in there.

And yes, I left during the credits, so the last thing I saw was Tom Hanks, but as I was leaving I heard Homer saying something to Bart, but didn't catch what it was, and I suspect there were more after that too. Anyone care to fill me in?

Bart needs to use the bathroom, but Homer makes him stay:

Homer: "A lot of people worked really hard on this movie, and all they ask is that you memorize their names."

Lisa: "I just want to make sure no animals were harmed in the making of the movie."

The words "No animals were harmed during the making of this movie" scroll past, Lisa sighs in relief, and the family start to leave. Homer picks up floor-popcorn, and Maggie says her first official word: "Sequel?"

The Squeaky-Voiced Teen appears at the end of the credits to sweep up, and complains about going to acting school for years, and having it wasted just to sweep.

And that's the credits/post-credits in a nutshell. Edited by Kryptonite3d

• 8 months later...

Since we have quite a few Simpsons buffs on EWB, I thought I'd try out this rather vague question.

There's an episode in which Homer talks about some sort of scheme being cooked up by someone else, and then turns to a person beside him and shouts "I'M ONTO YOU!"

Any idea what the episode was?

Thanks in advance :)

I think maybe this is Homer vs New York City (I think is the title).

The line in question comes from when the family arrives in New York City to collect Homers car which was abandoned by Barney after he went crazy from being the designated driver. Homer tells everyone to stay in the bus station as he feels New York isn't safe. Marge tells him the bus station was just one of the things they'd come to see and that they'd meet him in Central Park at 5pm. He reluctantly accepts and goes to get in a cab but not before warning them against staying out any longer than that because 'once the sun goes down, all the weirdoes turn crazy.' He then turns and points at a passing business man and shouts 'I'm onto you!'

I think maybe this is Homer vs New York City (I think is the title).

The line in question comes from when the family arrives in New York City to collect Homers car which was abandoned by Barney after he went crazy from being the designated driver. Homer tells everyone to stay in the bus station as he feels New York isn't safe. Marge tells him the bus station was just one of the things they'd come to see and that they'd meet him in Central Park at 5pm. He reluctantly accepts and goes to get in a cab but not before warning them against staying out any longer than that because 'once the sun goes down, all the weirdoes turn crazy.' He then turns and points at a passing business man and shouts 'I'm onto you!'

Certainly is.