Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Stacking goalkeepers won't help if they don't get some solid defenders in front of them.

I mean, Rob Green probably had his best season for years, but he was stuck with the aging pair of Clint Hill and Richard Dunne in front of them, so it didn't matter. If they can nab an experienced mid-level defender, I think they may surprise people.

• Admin

That list is eventually published by the Premier League. Too early for it yet though.

Federici will be first choice, Boruc backup, Lee Camp to move on I imagine to a lower Championship side. Solid early recruitment though.

Stacking goalkeepers won't help if they don't get some solid defenders in front of them.

Pfft it's obviously their plan to try the exciting 0-0-0 formation with 11 in goal. I mean draw every game and snag a few wins by pushing up front in the dying seconds and your safety is guaranteed! :P

Sky Sources understand Tottenham Hotspur are set to launch a £12M bid for Burnley striker Danny Ings.

Thought he was free this summer?

It does seem like we're 'apparently' making moves quite early this year, which I've heard is exactly what Poch wants so he can get them for pre-season. Kevin Wimmer seems all but done, and now bids for Trippier and Ings are picking up a lot of traction and it's not even June yet.

Edited by Jimmy

Yeah, I've read similar stuff like that. Seems like a race between both us & Liverpool. I'd love for us to get him, and I definitely think he'd buy into Poch's ethos. I've seen him drag wide in a lot of games, so he could play a similar role to Rodriquez at Southampton, instead of just rotating with Kane. I think I'd prefer him to Austin, because he offers something very different to Kane instead of being a bit like-for-like. But we should just buy all the English strikers :shifty:

It's nice to see Man Utd continuing their recruitment policy of 5 defenders, 32 midfielders and 93 strikers.