Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

The Ghana striker Jordan Ayew has accused his club Lorient of pricing him out of his anticipated move to Aston Villa, claiming the Ligue 1 club raised their demands at the last minute.

The 23-year-old, who scored 12 league goals last season, flew into the UK on Friday to discuss personal terms after Villa made a bid of around £9m in an effort to replace Christian Benteke. However, Ayew, whose brother André joined Swansea this summer from Marseille, told L’Equipe on Saturday that Lorient had changed his asking price. He called the club’s conduct “imcomprehensible”.

“They said I could go for €10m or €12m,” he told the paper, “but now they want £10m with £2m in add-ons, which makes it about €17m. It’s nonsense! I’m really annoyed, it’s amazing what they are doing to me. They pointed out how many millions Villa paid for [Jordan] Amavi [£10m] but I’m not Amavi. We’re two different players.”

He continued: “It’s finished for me. They bought me for €5m and they are blocking me now. I am in Birmingham, I am off to Aston Villa and nothing will change my mind. My whole family wants to go to England. It’s the right time.

“I am not going to training [with Lorient] again. That’s over for me. It is true that I have a contract but I had a good year, so they make a good profit and you cannot change the rules like that … In my head, in any case, I have left.”

Alex Hayes, vice-president of Lorient, told LeTélégramme in response: “Jordan is under contract, so we expect him back here tonight [for a friendly against Caen]. As it stands we are in negotiations. He only leaves if both clubs agree. If the deal is done, it will be great for him. Otherwise he will be forced to return. We hope for a positive outcome.”

Edited by Jimmy

Chancel Mbemba to Newcastle is a done deal apart from a visa, which will be decided upon on Thursday. 

This is great news, he looks very promising and if not, there's the inevitable revival of the '21 or 28?' chant!

• Like 1

• Admin

Sergio Romero has 62 caps for Argentina and may be a potential challenger for the No1 jersey should David de Gea leave for Real Madrid

Manchester United have signed goalkeeper Sergio Romero as a result of the uncertainty over David De Gea. Argentina international Romero, 28, was a free agent after leaving Sampdoria and will replace Spaniard Victor Valdes, who has been told he can leave. Romero, who signs a three-year deal, played in the 2014 World Cup final and won the 2008-09 Eredivisie title under Louis van Gaal at AZ Alkmaar.

• Admin

Chelsea will make a £26m bid for John Stones within the next 48 hours, according to the Guardian.

Angel Di Maria's proposed move to Paris St-Germain is "close", according to the French club's coach Laurent Blanc. The Argentina midfielder has not joined United on their pre-season tour of America, and manager Louis van Gaal has said he "does not know why". "There is a good possibility he could sign but there is nothing official," said Blanc. "We have to have patience a little longer. The outcome is very close."

Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic looks like leaving the club after Inter Milan announced he will have a medical with the Serie A side. The Italians did not say whether the Montenegro international, 25, would be joining on loan or on a permanent deal. "Jovetic will arrive in Milan tomorrow before undergoing a medical on Tuesday," an Inter statement said. He joined City from Fiorentina in 2013 for £22m but has been plagued by injury and managed just 11 goals in 43 games.

• Admin

Nottingham Forest have signed goalkeeper Ben Hamer on a season-long loan deal from Premier League side Leicester City. Hamer, 27, joined City from Charlton Athletic on a four-year deal last term and made a total of 10 appearances.

Dundee United have signed Dutch midfielder Rodney Sneijder on a two-year deal. The 24-year-old younger brother of Galatasaray midfielder Wesley joins as a free agent after being released by Almere City in his homeland.

• Admin

Córdoba have announced that they have reached an agreement to sell José Ángel Crespo to Aston Villa.

Crespo, a full-back who can play on either side, has represented Spain at Under-21 level and made 27 appearances for the Andalusian club last season, who finished last and were relegated to the Segunda División.

Crespo will travel to England to undergo a medical before the deal can be finalised. He will be Tim Sherwood’s sixth signing of the summer and his third defender – Micah Richards and Jordan Amavi being the other two – as the Aston Villa manager looks to add more depth to his squad ahead of the new season.

Sergio Romero has 62 caps for Argentina and may be a potential challenger for the No1 jersey should David de Gea leave for Real Madrid

Manchester United have signed goalkeeper Sergio Romero as a result of the uncertainty over David De Gea. Argentina international Romero, 28, was a free agent after leaving Sampdoria and will replace Spaniard Victor Valdes, who has been told he can leave. Romero, who signs a three-year deal, played in the 2014 World Cup final and won the 2008-09 Eredivisie title under Louis van Gaal at AZ Alkmaar.

He looks delighted. 

He's probably upset at the prospect of playing for the club supported by the likes of you, me, Dan, Whisper and Mad Jack when he could have signed for Villa and hung around with the cool kids like Summ, Brenchill and that welsh guy.

He's probably upset at the prospect of playing for the club supported by the likes of you, me, Dan, Whisper and Mad Jack when he could have signed for Villa and hung around with the cool kids like Summ, Brenchill and that welsh guy.

I have a name too you know!

That Crespo guy should be a decent signing, can play anywhere in defence and cheap as well.

• Like 1

“They said I could go for €10m or €12m,” he told the paper, “but now they want £10m with £2m in add-ons, which makes it about €17m. It’s nonsense!

Yes, those particular mathematical sums are nonsense. Glad we are in agreement, Ayew.

Edited by Liam

“They said I could go for €10m or €12m,” he told the paper, “but now they want £10m with £2m in add-ons, which makes it about €17m. It’s nonsense!

Yes, those particular mathematical sums are nonsense. Glad we are in agreement, Ayew.