Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

“They said I could go for €10m or €12m,” he told the paper, “but now they want £10m with £2m in add-ons, which makes it about €17m. It’s nonsense!

Yes, those particular mathematical sums are nonsense. Glad we are in agreement, Ayew.

He says 10+2 in pounds, then 17 in Euros.

Bah. Might as well have just asked for dubloons!

He's probably upset at the prospect of playing for the club supported by the likes of you, me, Dan, Whisper and Mad Jack when he could have signed for Villa and hung around with the cool kids like Summ, Brenchill and that welsh guy.

IiV7TuFw.jpeg

• Like 9

Shaun and Bradly Wright-Phillips are back together at the same club! What a time to be alive.

• Like 2

• Admin

Stevan Jovetic is set to be loaned to Internazionale for £2m, with the Italian club to compelled buy the striker from Manchester City at the end of the season for £10.25m as part of the deal.

There is the prospect of a further £2m in add-ons to City over the next two seasons. This would be £1m from Inter for each Serie A title they win or £750,000 per season if they qualify for the Champions League. It means the maximum value of the transfer will be £14.25m. City are also to receive 20% of any sell-on fee.

Since signing in summer 2013 for £22m the Montenegrin struggled to establish himself in the City XI. Jovetic was hampered by injury and inconsistent form. He managed only eight Premier

Very happy with Ayew signing. I reckon he'll be good.

Jose Angel Crespo will be a good squad signing, too. Good defensive cover.

Adebayor will apparently come in on a year long loan within the next couple of days too.

Eh I reckon Adebayor could score goals at Villa. Always seemed to be a question of motivation with him and Sherwood seemed to get him going when he was at Spurs.

It certainly becomes less of a worry when you consider the Ayew signing. At least Adebayor won't be solely responsible for Villa's goalscoring.

• Like 1

• Admin

Adebayor only plays well when he's playing for something (i.e. when he's on loan somewhere and is trying to earn a permanent contract). He had the run of form of his life under Sherwood for us because he was hellbent on proving AVB wrong. 

tl;dr you might get a couple of decent months out of him AT BEST.

His contract's up at the end of the season I think, so he technically would be playing for a contract. Would actually probs put him in my fantasy team if he goes to Villa. Would be happy to see him go, he's not gonna do anything for us. 

Edited by Jimmy

• Admin

Schalke have rejected a €22m (£15.5m) offer from Juventus for the Germany forward Julian Draxler. Draxler, 21, who was a target for Arsenal last summer, was reported to have agreed personal terms with the Italian champions. However, Schalke have insisted he will not be allowed to leave unless they receive their valuation of the player, which is understood to be €30m (£21.3m).

Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are in advanced negotiations for Ángel Di María, with the French club having offered €40m (£28.5m) to buy the 27-year-old. The fee is less than half the British record £59.7m United paid Real Madrid for Di María 12 months ago. Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, is thought to be resisting PSG’s offer as he seeks a higher price. Although Louis van Gaal had wanted the Argentinian to stay the manager now accepts Di María wishes to leave and so there would be some surprise if he were still at the club when the transfer window closes on 1 September.