Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Am I right to be excited about that? He's looked a handful in the few games I've seen him.

Him, Adebayor and Berbatov all strongly linked right now. I'd be happy with Gestede in, and Adebayor on loan.

He never troubled the Cardiff starting line up the last time he was in the Premiership, however he was our only real threat in both ties against Liverpool in the FA Cup last year.  A physical striker and good target man for the Championship, not sure how that will translate against a higher class of defender though.  If he played every game of the season for you, I'd be surprised if he broke into double figures.  Better than Kozak though >_>

Edited by Thrilla

Kozak's been on fire in pre season so far, but another striker is needed for sure. Wouldn't mind Gestede as a more physical option, but absolutely don't want Adebayor on those wages, no matter how good he could potentially be.

• Admin

Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah has arrived in Italy as he closes in on a loan move to Roma. The Egypt international was pictured at Fiumicino airport in Rome on Wednesday evening after flying in to complete a medical ahead of a season-long move. It is a £1.4million loan fee with an obligatory buy-out figure of £16m.

Enes Unal, the highly rated 18-year-old signed this month by Manchester City from Bursaspor, is set to be loaned to Genk.

Oldham have signed David Dunn on a one-year contract following the midfielder’s release by Blackburn Rovers.

The Stoke defender Andy Wilkinson has signed a short-term deal with the club to enable him to recover from a serious head injury. Wilkinson has not featured since sustaining a bang on the head in the FA Cup defeat at Blackburn in February. A brief club statement read: “Stoke City can confirm that Andy Wilkinson has been given a contract until December 31, 2015, to enable him to regain full fitness with the support of the club’s medical staff after sustaining an injury last season.” Wilkinson, who has spent his entire career at the club since progressing through the academy, was out of contract and waved an emotional goodbye to fans at the end of last season. The 30-year-old has made over 190 first-team appearances since making his debut in 2001 and has had loan spells at Telford, Partick Thistle, Blackpool and Shrewsbury. He is hoping to return to competitive action in January.

The former Chelsea forward Adrian Mutu has joined FC Pune City as their marquee player for the second season of the Indian Super League. FC Pune City, managed by the former England captain and Nottingham Forest manager David Platt, have also signed the former Tottenham Hotspur and Ivory Coast midfielder Didier Zokora for the second season of the eight-team league beginning in October.

Wojciech Szczesny has now joined Roma on a season-long loan. As has Andre Wisdom but to Norwich.

If it wasn't for North East United Poon City would definitely be my ISL team.

I hate to break it to you, but it's pronounced Pu-nay. :P

Eh, I'll take thay sort of money for Di Maria. He obviously doesn't want to be at the club, so it's for the best for all parties. Hopefully a decent replacement comes in. Can't think of many outside of Pedro who we would realistically go for though.

If De Gea goes, again, who would be available as a replacement the later the window goes on? Cillesen maybe? Doesn't fill me with confidence.