Tennis!

sahyder1

On 08/09/2019 at 08:35, Bobfoc said:

Serena just can't get that 24th Grand Slam singles title. By the time she gets her next chance, it'll have been three years since her last Grand Slam victory, and she's now lost four finals since then.

On the other hand, Canada finally has a Grand Slam winner.

Grand Slam Singles Winner..

Daniel Nestor is a multi-time (I think) doubles champion.

And the WWE are giving her a customised Women's title.. 

• 1 month later...

I caught the end of that match, incredible. For him to be playing at this level and winning tournaments so soon after his return, it's amazing.

Andy Murray is the best athlete ever out of Britain, in my opinion. The way he just defies the odds time and again, showing his resilience and class is so inspiring.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Even if you take into account that it "has" to be played (I'm sure there are players relying on the majors for ranking points and the money to make playing on the tour worthwhile) just because  it's called the Australian open doesn’t mean they can’t hold it somewhere else. There must be plenty of places around the world that could hold the tournament where there aren't bushfires destroying more important things like houses, livelihoods and animals.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Further to the recent discussion on another thread about how Novak Djokovic is not all that likeable, he's come out with this today:

"Personally I am opposed to vaccination and I wouldn't want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel,"

So we might not be seeing him on a tennis court after the resumption. Muppet.

Full story: Novak Djokovic opposes compulsory vaccination for tennis players after coronavirus pandemic subsides