Tennis!

sahyder1

Ancic getting his ass whooped in straight sets was a bit of a surprise, and I'm hoping to see Hewitt take on Lopez so I can get a better gauge of the Spaniard's game. Beating Safin, while always nice, doesn't necessarily prove anything since he tends to quit on matches more than any top name player in the game.

Nalbandian could be the guy who knocks Roddick out since his strength is returning serve, and Roddick hates playing against guys who don't fear his best/only weapon.

I want to be more excited about the Women's draw, but the bottom half is just dreadful since you've got Sharapova, Venus and 6 nobodies basically, while the top half has Clijsters/Davenport, Myskina/Dementieva :wub:, and two other top 5 talents in Mauresmo and Kuznetsova. It just seems so ridiculously lopsided that 6 of the best players in the world got crammed into one 8 person section of a draw, while the other half wouldn't seem that loaded even if Serena and Justine hadn't bombed out early.

Lopez surprised me, good on him.

As for Dent being shit? ... What?

Dent is a great serve and volleyer and for a while even matched Hewitt at the back of the court. He lost his serve because of a few terrible first serves and that's how quickly it changes. I don't understand how losing 4, 4, 6-7, 3 to one of the best Grass court players around is shit.

Perhaps you would like to back up your facts as to why he's shit first though.

Is it only me, or does the mens draw seem a pit unpredictable?

The likely top half semi final is Federer - Hewitt, but anything can happen.

The bottom half is more unpredictable. There is Nalbandian and Johansson, both playing well and Roddick against Grosjean. Nalbandian and Johansson is unpredictable, and Grosjean may be able to defeat Roddick.

In the womans, it may be the first ever all men womans final (Mauresmo v Williams) <_<

But seriously I think it will be Sharapova - Mauresmo final.

Edited by the wall breaker

Is it only me, or does the mens draw seem a pit unpredictable?

The likely top half semi final is Federer - Hewitt, but anything can happen.

The bottom half is more unpredictable. There is Nalbandian and Johansson, both playing well and Roddick against Grosjean. Nalbandian and Johansson is unpredictable, and Grosjean may be able to defeat Roddick.

In the womans, it may be the first ever all men womans final (Mauresmo v Williams)  <_<

But seriously I think it will be Sharapova - Mauresmo final.

Looks like I was correct about Sharapova losing in the Semis, I just never would have dreamed it would be to Venus and by that wide of a margin. All in all I was only 1/4 in women's semifinalists, but I did get 3 of the men, with Federer, Johansson & Gay-Rod. I knew I should have gone with Hewitt, but I thought Ancic would handle his business.

I'm still waiting for a "great" match in this tourney though hopefully Federer/Hewitt and the winner vs Roddick in the final will provide that because the rest of the matches I've seen have been pretty blah.

Looks like I was correct about Sharapova losing in the Semis, I just never would have dreamed it would be to Venus and by that wide of a margin. All in all I was only 1/4 in women's semifinalists, but I did get 3 of the men, with Federer, Johansson & Gay-Rod. I knew I should have gone with Hewitt, but I thought Ancic would handle his business.

I'm still waiting for a "great" match in this tourney though hopefully Federer/Hewitt and the winner vs Roddick in the final will provide that because the rest of the matches I've seen have been pretty blah.

Please let it be the year that Roddick finally beats Federer.

I've now noticed I have a soft spot for Venus too after she won to make it into the final. Loved her match against Sharapova when I watched the replay earlier today. Should be a good final.

Oh and that replay of the awesome McEnroe/Borg was so damn entertaining. I could sit there and watch that over all day because McEnroe looks so damn great.