Tennis!

sahyder1

I was wrong about the score, but not the fact that Lindsay would choke because that's what she does best. This has been a HORRIBLE year for me watching the Williams sisters win 2 slams despite not being at their best for the rest of the year. This fucking sucks. Watch Roddick beat Federer in straight sets tomorrow just to piss me off even more.

You don't have too much to worry about on the Roddick/Federer front. Roddick is going to be drained completely, Federer will win it in 3.

Shame Lindsay lost, it was an entertaining match from what I saw, 4-6, 7-6, 9-7 is a mammoth score and worthy of a final unlike tomorrow which will be like, 7-6, 6-4, 6-3 or something.

While at times I feel good towards Roger, it seems I also have hatred for the guy. I could never deny his talent, but for fuck sake I wish someone would totally thrash the heck out of the guy in one of these final's just to prove he's not the greatest like so many people are claiming. I felt quite sorry for Roddick too.

Oh and yay for Venus :wub:

• 1 month later...

So yuh, we finally finished the film inside the camera (that's been in since Christmas) and it has nine pictures or so on it. I could have had one of Marat Safin, except my mam had the camera, and she was on Henman Hill when I tried to get Safin's autograph (but got blanked because i was the guy behind the fat woman in the corner) he did lose the next day though.

So for you none tennis fans I can give you a brief rundown of who's who.

Christopher Rochus

Christopher Rochus - he's like 5' 5".

The Beast from Belarus

and Rochus' opponent, Max Mirnyi, about 6' 7" or so, Mirnyi won this match in three sets, something like 7-6, 6-2, 7-5 or so.

Clusterfuck

This is a complete and utter clutsterfuck, we didn't realise what was happening until late on. Look at the person in front with the white cap on, then look at the guy infront with the white cap on, then got left to the one with the white cap on. That's Andy Roddick.

Kusnetsova and Mauresmo

Kusnetsova is on the right and Mauresmo on the left. Yeah, I don't know what the ball boy is doing either.

Kusnetzova

Ooh, don't have a clue if she got it in the end.

Kimmy

Yeah, so I was watching at the practice courts and there are 3 really visible ones. I walked to the first two "don't know him, don't know her" and then I saw Kim Clistjers sitting down and was all like "OMG" and she's staring at me, so I run off and get the camera and :D

Lindsay

The former world number one and absolutely huge, she walked in front of me (although on the otherside of the fence) and I was like...woah, big.

Bouncing the ball...

...and swerve, I mean serve!

I could have pictures of Safin and Hewitt, but like I said I didn't have the camera with me at the time which sucks. I also never got to see Coria (N)

So yeah, i know it's late but I just wanted to share them with you all.

So, US open starts Monday.

Murray, Henman and Rusedski all play.

Murray, Henman and Rusedski will all lose in the first round.

Don't think the draw has been made yet. Seriously though, hopefully Henman can have a real run again, and maybe go one step futher (well, two and win it).

I think Murray could reach maybe the 3rd round depending on the draw he gets, and Rusedski will probably reach the 2nd round.

Federer to win.

Not sure on the women's side, haven't been paying much attention to it as of late, just saw the news that Clijsters is going to retire at the end of 2007. :(

Men's side will be Federer unless something shocking happens. He could face any number of people in the final, but I think it may be A-Rod.

As for the Women's, I expect Davenport to win. Sharapova is ranked number 1, but Davenport really wants another U.S. Open in front of her country.

The draw was made on Wednesday Gooner.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/index.html

I'm going with Federer and Henin-Hardenne. Every time I pick Kimmy to win she loses, so I'm going with reverse psychology and picking the other Belgian star :shifty: I only hope that Roddick, Venus, Serena and Sharapova lose in spectacular fashion since I'm sick of the hype surrounding them.