Tennis!

sahyder1

To be fair, if there is any justice in the world, Hewitt will win this one. At least he's playing quality tennis instead of fully relying on his first serve like there was nothing else about the game.

EDIT: Ok, Hewitt decided to prove me wrong by playing a terrible serve game with unforced errors on nearly every ball. <_<

That still doesn't take away the fact that Dent minus first serve equals very little.

Edited by Malenko

Break point. Come on Dent.

EDIT: Feh. RE-EDIT: This is getting scary :P

Also Malenko saying Dent relies fully on his first serve is awful - sure he's got a huge first serve and his second serve leaves a lot to be desired but he's just awesome to see someone switch it all up a bit and just volley everything, he can still trade at the back of the courts but he wants to get in at the net which is nice to see.

Edited by IAceI

How do you waste a degree of a point? :P

Also sucks that Dent got knocked out but meh, if Hewitt get's to the semis it's gonna be like 6-0, 6-3, 6-0 against Federer - again :D

Oh well. Good match.

Bwahahaha - it sounded funny at the end "Ladies and Gentlemen: Leeeeyton Hewitt" in the thick American accent, at least - it made me smile :P

Edited by IAceI

Also Malenko saying Dent relies fully on his first serve is awful - sure he's got a huge first serve and his second serve leaves a lot to be desired but he's just awesome to see someone switch it all up a bit and just volley everything, he can still trade at the back of the courts but he wants to get in at the net which is nice to see.

Nadal's out.

I'm not into tennis. However, I do know that James Blake is on a complete tear lately. (He won the Pilot Pen in New Haven last week.) He's still in his home region (he's a native of Connecticut), so there are many fans backing him. And from what I've read in the paper, he's not too bad.... like 50th in the world. So it's not that much of a surprise. Hot streak on home courts.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Nadal's out.

I'm not into tennis. However, I do know that James Blake is on a complete tear lately. (He won the Pilot Pen in New Haven last week.) He's still in his home region (he's lived in Connecticut and near NYC), so there are many fans backing him. And from what I've read in the paper, he's not too bad.... like 50th in the world. So it's not that much of a surprise. Hot streak on home courts.

Edited by IAceI

Blake's highest ranking was 22nd in May of 2003. If he stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him break that mark in the very near future. While I don't think he, Ginepri or Dent will ever be top 10 players, they all did a nice job showcasing their talents during the tournament, unlike that choke artist Roddick :shifty:

Verdasco went up 3-0 in the third set with a double break, he broke on an awesome point too!

There was a great pick up off the serve, Djokovic hit a smash on the baseline but it came back because it was right at Verdasco, there was a shot hitting the net cord and landing on the singles line, a drop shot, a lob (retreived) and then a winner off the return from the lob. It went

Verdasco hits netcord, ball bounces on singles line, Djokovic drop shots, Verdasco gets it back, gets lobbed, gets it back, Djokovic hits a show out wide and Verdasco hits a winner.

Some of Djokovic's shots are just wild, they land a good 2/3 feet out at times.

The ending of that Sanguinetti/Srichaphan match was just amazing stuff to watch. It sucks when someone who plays that hard has to go home, but that was easily the best action of the tourney thus far when you consider that they were on court for almost 4 1/2 hours.

Woah...Coria and Massu were going at each other big time. If you don't know what I mean, Coria broke Massu to lead 2-1 in the fifth and at the change of ends, I don't know why, but Massu started blasting Coria for some reason. I couldn't understand as they were speaking in their own language. Coria was the calmer one who told Massu to sit down.

Blake v Andre is going to be a kick ass match. GO BLAKE! I also hope Coria beats Ginepri but it will be a close match. A Hewitt - Federer semi is on its way and a Federer smashing as well.

The Sanguinetti - Srichapan match was the match of the tournament. Amazing match.

Federer - Blake final.

I missed the Coria/Massu match for the most part at least as I was out playing tennis myself but I caught the last set or so and there was some hostility.

I just put it down to Massu being jealous of Coria's awesomeness and how Massu has a phobia of his own backhand.