Tennis!

sahyder1

Justine knocks off Sharapova and sets up herself very well to win her 5th career Slam. I don't think either Clijsters or Mauresmo will trouble her too much, especially if it's Mauresmo who would then have a chance to win her first major. In any case, I'm still looking forward to the remaining matches on both sides.

Edited by naiwf27

Justine is going to walk that final. An injured Clijsters would have given her more of the challenge than a fit Amelie Mauresmo if you ask me.

Henin-Hardenne hands down. Making my womans pick correct and my mens (non Federer) pick, quarter finals in Ivan Ljubicic. Marcos has really ticked me off, not how he's done so well, or how he's getting a sudden bandwagon of fans but how on another forum he is screwing it all up for me. I was cruising through a pick 'em challenge I have going with another member but suddenly Baghdatis has burst out and him beating Federer in the final would screw me over and piss me off.

Best of luck to him but I want to see Federer win all four this year. Everyone hates him seemingly because he's so good so he might as well complete this achievement.

Poor Kimmy.

Clijsters out at least eight weeks with torn ligament

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

BRUSSELS, Belgium -- New No. 1 Kim Clijsters will be sidelined at least two months after tearing a ligament in her right ankle in the Australian Open semifinals Thursday.

"Bad news about my ankle after the scan - torn anterior ligament," Clijsters wrote on her Web site.

The reigning U.S. Open champion said she already had pulled out of tournaments over the coming weeks, adding: "It's going to be a complex recovery."

Clijsters left Melbourne Park in a wheelchair after being forced to quit because of the injury during her Australian Open semifinal against Amelie Mauresmo in the third set.

"I twisted the ankle trying to position myself to hit a backhand," Clijsters wrote. "I immediately felt something wasn't right."

The Belgian already had assured herself of overtaking Lindsay Davenport for the top spot in the WTA Tour rankings by beating Martina Hingis in the quarterfinals in Australia.

Justine will cruise in 2 sets I think. But Amelie, possibly, would've beaten Clijsters in 3 sets had Clijsters not had to retire... if she could take Clijsters I think there's a chance she could get a few lucky shots and take Justine (Who I view as a little better than Clijsters).

I think Federer will win the men's side though. Baghdatis is on a roll though, and I hope he's not just a one-hit wonder.

And it sucks about Clisters' injury, she always seems to be about to break out and become the best on the women's tour when she goes down with an injury. Here's hoping she' back in action in April and can get in shape for Paris on May 29th.

Edited by damshow

Nalbandian choked again. He's got the game to be up there with the likes of Federer (or just below that level) but mentally he's not cutting it.

I'm hoping Baghdatis isn't a flash in the pan. I've really enjoyed watching some of his matches this week.

Clijsters was my pick for the ladies title pre-tournament but she has had trouble with injuries and just didn't last the pace.

Mauresmo won the Women's and Baghdatis is a set up in the Men's. Shows all you non-believers <_<

Update:

Ugh, 2-1 Federer. First two sets were 7-5 and the third was 6-0 to Federer :ohwell:

Edited by King Kong In The Diary Cube

• 4 months later...

So. Wimbledon begins today, and it's raining already.... :thumbsdown:

And if you thought the media was hyped over the World Cup, it's just gonna get worse now Henmania, and Murraymania are starting up. (Let's face it, Rusedski's going nowhere).

Who here's looking forward to two weeks of tennis?