Tennis!

sahyder1

Apparantly Federer and Henman have now played each other 11 times. Henman has won six of those.

I'm guessing those six were when Henman went, in his prime, to visit a children's tennis school and knocked about with a young teenage Federer. He's counting them now.

Guest dez10dez

Apparantly Federer and Henman have now played each other 11 times. Henman has won six of those.

I'm guessing those six were when Henman went, in his prime, to visit a children's tennis school and knocked about with a young teenage Federer. He's counting them now.

You seem to forget when Henman was one of 7 people to beat Federer about 3 years ago as well on his way to winning the Paris Masters Series, when Federer was still kicking everyones ass as well. And then again at Rotterdam, both times in straight sets.

Oh yeah, and the last three times they have faced have been in the Quarter Finals of Miami Masters, Semi Finals of the US Open and the Final of the Indian Wells Masters.

Damn Henman and how he gets to the later rounds of tournaments before losing to the greatest tennis player to ever walk the Earth. Damn him straight to hell!

Edited by IAceI

I was dividedly happy and sad to have to come back to work this afternoon. Whilst I was enjoying the Agassi/Seppi match, I don’t think I could’ve taken much more of McEnroe prattling on about how wonderful and amazing and inspiring Agassi is/was.

You seem to forget when Henman was one of 7 people to beat Federer about 3 years ago as well on his way to winning the Paris Masters Series, when Federer was still kicking everyones ass as well. And then again at Rotterdam, both times in straight sets.

Oh yeah, and the last three times they have faced have been in the Quarter Finals of Miami Masters, Semi Finals of the US Open and the Final of the Indian Wells Masters.

Damn Henman and how he gets to the later rounds of tournaments before losing to the greatest tennis player to ever walk the Earth. Damn him straight to hell!

People are always going to hate on Henman even though he has pretty consistently been in the top 10 or 20 for the past God knows how many years until recently. Because that, naturally, makes him a bad tennis player, seemingly.

Yeah, I see that. To be honest though 90% of people don't like Henman because it's cool not too, and even cooler not to like tennis.

I'm not going to big tennis up, because some matches can be quite drab and boring, but there are a lot of matches that are just awesome that people would never appreciate. Such as the Coria/Nadal epics from last year, any match Federer has ¬_¬, plus there a lots with the plucky underdogs and come backs and stuff.

Nalbandian versus Federer at the Masters Series Finals last year was an awesome match.

Nadal versus Coria at Monte Carlo and Rome last year were two other awesome matches.

There are plenty of great matches for people to watch. There are plenty of great Henman matches where he served and volleyed at a great time ability all the time, when he defied all odds and served and volleyed on clay and got to the semi finals only to be beaten by Coria.

But people just aren't willing to watch it, and I can't force people to so meh, why bother. For example some moron said to me today "Tim, you're shit!!" He's already a total moron but meh, he just doesn't understand. Then again he said yesterday to me; "Henine reali has a great backwards shot, it jus seems to float"

Yes...backwards shot... :-\

Henman got to number 4 for a while and spent ages at 6/8. Of course he's on his way out now but six years ago he was a very good player.

But then again Rusedski also got to number 4 and spent ages in the top 10 - it's just that neither of them can play on clay...THAT was the problem.

Also, gutted that Nadal won. Can't stand the guy. And Venus Williams coming back was annoying too.