Tennis!

sahyder1

The odds on the British guys winning Wimbledon are:

Murray: 66/1

Henman: 66/1

Rusedski: 250/1

Seems the bookies don't care about the "number one" either <_<

Thats because they only put decent prices on people they expect to take money on. They could put Rusedski as anything, because people will still put their money on Henman or Murray ahead of him. They need to tempt people to bet on Rusedski with a higher odds.

Edited by liamwannabe

Rusedski's injured.

Anyway he's the only one of those players who's had the bottle to get to the final of a major tournament (the US Open on his preferred surface - hard court)

Murray was VERY impressive so long may that continue. Henman is VERY unlikely to get past second round this year.

AND HINGIS! I love that girl! Been favourite female player since I was like 16....Come on Martina, don't let your extremely ugly mother put you off!

Centre Court (1pm start)

Miss B Mattek (US) v Miss V WILLIAMS (US, 6), D NALBANDIAN (Argentina, 4) v A Clement (France), Miss V Kutuzova (Ukraine) v Miss K CLIJSTERS (Belgium, 2), R FEDERER (Switz, 1) v T Henman (GB).

Court No 1 (1pm)

Miss M SHARAPOVA (Russia, 4) v Miss A Smashnova (Israel), J Tipsarevic (Serbia & M) v A RODDICK (US, 3), D Sanguinetti (Italy) v M ANCIC (Croatia, 7), Miss T Garbin (Italy) v Miss M HINGIS (Switzerland, 12).

Court No 2 (12)

Miss A MAURESMO (France, 1) v Miss I Abramovic (Croatia), L HEWITT (Australia, 6) v F Volandri (Italy), Miss S Mirza (India) v Miss E DEMENTIEVA (Russia, 7), Y-T Wang (Taiwan) v J BLAKE (US, 8), Miss E Bychkova (Russia) v Mrs J HENIN-HARDENNE (Belgium, 3).

Well with no football on today and tomorrow, Tennis is hardly compensation, but I'll watch it. Am I to understand that Henman vs Federer won't be on til this evening sometime? Being last listed on the main court. I was hoping they'd be on at dinner time, give me something to watch in my lunch hour.

Henman is last on Centre Court, so he'll be the closing match in the evening. Depends on all the other matches and how fast they go.

Oh and as for Murray wanting to win more than Henman, maybe thats true but when you can't take losing you really shouldn't even both. It's all well and good wanting to win, but whenever you start to lose you pull an 8 year old and blame an injury or something else then your nothing more than a cunt.

I want Murray to win because he's British, but he needs to face Federer and get fucking raped sometime and just take it like a real man.

Venus saying that Wimbledon treats Women as second class is pretty rich considering all tennis tournaments pay men more because they play longer matches (and have lots more competitive ones at that - the first rounds for the top 10 women seeds are laughable). Not to mention that tennis is one of the few sports where women get any real spotlight.

When I was at Wimbledon last year I was watching Serena Williams and there were 4 black women behind me constantly shouting for Serena, ugh, if she wasn't black they wouldn't have given a shit :-\

The Henman/Federer game is scheduled to start at 6pm. But that could change either way depending on how quickly/slowly matches before them take to play.

And if women want equal pay, they should play matches of an equal length.

EDIT:- And they should shut the fuck up when they hit the ball too.

Edited by TheArsenal

Shame really, 4 semi-finals in the space of 5 years. 4 time quarter-finalist as well, former Top 4 player in the World and this is just the decline before the end.

He deserves not only more than having to face Federer in the second round but also more than being hated more than Owen Hargreaves really. Meh.

When it comes to individual sports like tennis I'm not very patriotic. I go for players I LIKE. Afterall they're compting for themselves, not the country.

Which is why I shout for "The Beast" Max Mirnyi!

_41241078_max416.jpg

Sleeveless t-shirts, shaved head and serve and volley....Just like me when I used to play club tennis in my late teens (only better)