Tennis!

sahyder1

I can't find anything about Safin out on atptennis.com or usopen.org and there isn't anything on Sky Sports News from what I know. Although he has had his knee problems and the sort I still think he may be in it but we'll wait and see., I don't know why I predicted him to get to the semi finals, I'll probably change that since he's played like once since Wimbledon.

I can see Davenport and Clijsters meeting the final and Davenport choking and the like. Then again there is Sharapova and Henin Hardenne plus the William's Sisters.

The women's draw, while lacking in huge names is a lot tighter than the mens, because while the men have the big names - Federer and Nadal just make it a two person game.

Edited by IAceI

It seems like the female Russian Invasion is dead, and buried now that the Belgians & Williams Sisters are back and relatively healthy. Both Myskina (French) and now Kuznetsova (US) lost their first round matches in the defenses of their titles. How pathetic. Well, at least they made history by becoming the first people to do so in the Open Era if I'm not mistaken :shifty:

It seems like the female Russian Invasion is dead, and buried now that the Belgians & Williams Sisters are back and relatively healthy. Both Myskina (French) and now Kuznetsova (US) lost their first round matches in the defenses of their titles. How pathetic. Well, at least they made history by becoming the first people to do so in the Open Era if I'm not mistaken :shifty:

Myskina wasn't defending her title though

Myskina won the 2004 French Open and got eliminated in the first round in 2005.

Edited by damshow

Myskina wasn't defending her title though

When he was 4-1 down I said that.

Also the usopen.org scoreboards are so freaking slow. Wimbledon's updated like 5 seconds after a point, these are like 2-3 points behind.

Terrible ¬_¬

EDIT: Seems okay now actually - a bit faster.

Also that point to get James Blake to setpoint looked well out, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there isn't a SLIGHT bit of a biasism (not saying that point WAS out but it looked out to me) at somepoint in the tournament.

Still, looked out to me and we weren't treated to a replay (probably fearing that it was out and didn't want to show it)

:P

Edited by IAceI

Tough luck for Greg because it's a shame he went out in the same round as Tim because quite frankly Greg was classes above Tim but they both went out in Round 1.

Anyways - I kinda found the crowd a bit boring, I didn't hear much appreciating for Greg even when he hit some good shots - example, near the end he hit a great volley but the crowd just sat there but Blake does a good shot and (understandbly) they go beserk - i'm not saying cheering for Blake was wrong but they seemed pretty much not wanting to apperciate good tennis, but I didn't have the sound on for bits of the match so I might be wrong.

Such a shame, at least Blake didn't run into a net post! Although he walks a bit like Agassi - like someones took a pole and shoved it up his ass.

Well done to Blake - all hope rests on Murray now. A qualifier.

How pathetic.

Anyways - I kinda found the crowd a bit boring, I didn't hear much appreciating for Greg even when he hit some good shots - example, near the end he hit a great volley but the crowd just sat there but Blake does a good shot and (understandbly) they go beserk - i'm not saying cheering for Blake was wrong but they seemed pretty much not wanting to apperciate good tennis, but I didn't have the sound on for bits of the match so I might be wrong.

Tough luck for Greg because it's a shame he went out in the same round as Tim because quite frankly Greg was classes above Tim but they both went out in Round 1.

Such a shame, at least Blake didn't run into a net post! Although he walks a bit like Agassi - like someones took a pole and shoved it up his ass.

Well done to Blake - all hope rests on Murray now. A qualifier.

How pathetic.

Which, while fine - does take away from the spirit of the game a bit. (Aimed at Malenko's comment)

I mean, it's not as bad as complaining over a substitution like a certain Aussie cricketer - but it would have been nice to appreciate the tennis and cheer on Blake, I'm not complaining about it - just pointing it out.

However I was complaining last year when I was watching Mardy Fish versus David Ferrer and the two comentators (both American) didn't commentate on the match whatsoever but instead told us how Fish never went to college instead went and played tennis, and we also got nonstop talking about Andy Roddick, Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe. It wasn't that they were American, it was just they didn't shut up about American tennis players and they didn't commentate on the match.

We nearly wrote an angry letter.

But yeah, whatever. I guess America have more to brag about than us.

Edited by IAceI

You aren't wrong. I noticed it aswell. The crowd seemed to have gone there to see Blake winning and not to see some good Tennis.

The only matches that are really focused on by American commentators are the ones where two non-Americans are playing, or you have a big name like Federer or Sharapova playing an American. For instance, the coverage of Monfils/Djokovic was much better than Blake/Rusedski's.

pfft, I wish I'd watched Djokovic now. I don't know how legitimately injured he was (I remember Volandri practically going down like he'd broke his leg, after fifteen minutes he gets up and wins) but I wish i'd watched it now.

I like Djokovic and Monfils a lot, and Gilles Muller. I was like "right, at Wimbledon i AM watching Gilles Mullers, okay - i AM watching him" and he gets drawn against Nadal and put on Court 1. Bitch.

How awesome is this score Muller def. Roddick 7-6 (4), 7-6 (8), 7-6 (1)? :D

EDIT: Even better than that is the fact that Muller shares my birthday (May 9th). All I need now is for Venus and Serena to lose and it'll be a successful tournament for me.

Edited by naiwf