UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

Yeah, I don't really care how great he is as a player. I don't have to like somebody because they're good at football. I can enjoy watching him play but still dislike him, especially when sometimes his actions on the pitch are what causes the disdain.

He put himself in the "winning" position - but as somebody pointed out, whilst also having a sly dig - he was also in that position for Portugal before, and never even got to take one.

Yes, he was 5th and on this occasion it meant he slotted the winning pen, but it's also the position that holds the highest amount of pressure. It could easily have been the penalty to keep Real in it. It just so happens that he had the opportunity to win the trophy, and he confidently smashed it in. Not everyone can handle the pressure in that situation. 

SNF2308A-280_492641a.jpg

Sorry Stoker/Jericode. 

• Like 4

Putting your best penalty taker 5th is really not worth the risk. There's no way that Ronaldo didn't want to be in that position knowing that there's a decent chance it'd be the winning penalty.

He's done it already with Portugal and it backfired, it's not as if anybody was going to tell him no.

On 29/05/2016 at 08:54, WE'VE GOT AMOND! said:

I mean, anyone can cast shade at Cristiano, but I don't think he can hear you, in his mansion with his 3 champions league medals.

He is a great player, and it's a pity so many people seem to "hate" him, people should be appreciating him because you can't when he is gone. 

Rich debuted his new gimmick, Devil's Advocate. It got a negative response.

• Like 1