UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

1 hour ago, Pogue Mahone said:

Just in general but mostly because of his post-match sulking and claims that Real didnt deserve to win the game / got a lucky goal

He said City didn't deserve to win either. Both teams deserved to lose, Real nicked it with a lucky goal which is...exactly what he said. And true.

• Like 1

Just now, Nerf said:

He said City didn't deserve to win either. Both teams deserved to lose, Real nicked it with a lucky goal which is...exactly what he said. And true.

Real had 15 shots to Man City's 5 with only 1 on target, I'd say they deserved to lose really - they never looked like making something happen whereas Real were dangerous for most of the game. Also I wouldnt consider Bale's goal "lucky", he was clear through on goal after a nice build up - you deserve to get something if you get into that position.

1 minute ago, Pogue Mahone said:

Real had 15 shots to Man City's 5 with only 1 on target, I'd say they deserved to lose really - they never looked like making something happen whereas Real were dangerous for most of the game. Also I wouldnt consider Bale's goal "lucky", he was clear through on goal after a nice build up - you deserve to get something if you get into that position.

By that logic, Liverpool deserve the league this year because (I may be wrong) they've had more shots than any other team.

Okay, sign me up to your newsletter.

26 minutes ago, Part-Time Davidmarrio said:

Yaya Toure is a lazy bastard. Looked like he couldn't be arsed at all

Surely he is gone at the end of the season? He's looked more and more like luxury/liability player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nerf said:

By that logic, Liverpool deserve the league this year because (I may be wrong) they've had more shots than any other team.

Okay, sign me up to your newsletter.

Paint it however you want pal, if Man City didnt deserve to lose they wouldn't have lost.

Just now, Pogue Mahone said:

Paint it however you want pal, if Man City didnt deserve to lose they wouldn't have lost.

Well, that's ignoring decades of "the better team lost" narratives, too, but... I didn't say City deserved to win. I said both teams deserved to lose, with Real getting through with a lucky goal. Which, as far as I can tell, isn't an unreasonable summary of the game.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Surely he is gone at the end of the season? He's looked more and more like luxury/liability player

Got to be really. Wouldn't be shocked if he either went Italy or ended up in China, Qatar or America. 

He's talented but his work ethic is questionable lately.  Either go to Italy which the pace of the league will suit him more or go somewhere for a big payday. 

His work ethic has been questionable for at least a season and a half, it just seemed that every time it was really beginning to gather momentum, he'd pop up with a wonder goal or a couple of free kicks and it'd quieten down, even then I think a lot of people realised that he couldn't be relied on to put in a defensive shift anymore.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, Steve McManaman.

"Steve, why do you think Diego Simeone is still at Atletico?"

"Maybe because clubs are starting to shy away from managers with that 'abrasive' kind of personality. Like, you know, Chelsea got rid of Jose Mourinho..."

Yeah. Who'd employ him these days, eh?

The crowd are going wild for this Alicia Keys performance before the game!!! 

5 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Ah, Steve McManaman.

"Steve, why do you think Diego Simeone is still at Atletico?"

"Maybe because clubs are starting to shy away from managers with that 'abrasive' kind of personality. Like, you know, Chelsea got rid of Jose Mourinho..."

Yeah. Who'd employ him these days, eh?

That made me laugh as well. Conversation about him joining a bigger team as well made me laugh. He's already at one of the biggest teams in Europe who have broken the monopoly of Barca and Real. He's got to another Champions League final, he won La Liga not long ago. 

9 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

...And then straight into Seven Nation Army, because UEFA are football is fucking obsessed.

Alicia Keys should do every Champions League final, just so I can hear her clumsily shoehorn cities into that New York song.

Looking forward to seeing horrible referee Andre Marriner doing the behind the goal thing. He should always do that.

• Like 2