UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

As expected, Manchester City bring back the big names. Skipper Vincent Kompany and star midfielder Kevin de Bruyne are among five changes from Saturday's 4-0 win against Stoke. Full-backs Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy, along with central midfielder Fernandinho, also return. Yaya Toure, injured at the weekend, is among the quintet who drop out. No Ronaldo in Real Madrid's squad at all tonight.

Man City: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Kompany, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Navas, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero.

9 minutes ago, Cheeky Hughes said:

Silva is coming off early injured. Time to shine, Kelechi.

He scored the best goal of the 2022 Moroccan World Cup with an overhead kick against Argentina... in my FM game.

I guess that'll only really be answered after the second leg. Not conceding an away goal is great, but I think they said last night that Real have won their last 5 home CL ties at an Agg of 18-0. They won't be as defensive next week, and Ronaldo will be back. It wasn't a great game last night but I have high hopes for next Wednesday, especially if City do manage to score. 

• Admin

Diego Simeone is not a man who likes to chop and change his side, so it is no surprise that there only two tweaks for Atletico. Argentina midfielder Augusto Fernandez replaces Belgium winger Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, who misses out with an ankle injury. At the back, former Manchester City defender Stefan Savic replaces Lucas Hernandez in the absence of key centre-back Diego Godin. For Bayern, back come the big names. Captain Philipp Lahm, Xabi Alonso and David Alaba are among six changes from the weekend win at Hertha Berlin. Thomas Muller, rather surprisingly, starts on the bench. Germany defender Jerome Boateng travelled to the Spanish capital following a three-month absence with a groin injury, but misses out on the matchday squad.

Atletico XI: Oblak, Juanfran, Gimenez, Savic, Filipe Luis, Saul, Gabi, Koke, Augusto, Griezmann, Torres.
Bayern XI: Neuer, Lahm, Martínez, Alaba, Bernat, Alonso, Vidal, Thiago Alcantara, Coman, Costa, Lewandowski.