UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

Papy has been left out of Chelsea's 25-man squad.

The obvious choice...what with being a) not young enough to get in another way, and b) too new to justify cutting out an established member of the squad either.

Have City managed a full 25 man squad? Dunno how their recruitment of anyone who would count as home grown went.

Sterling will be Association-trained...but I think that may be it?

Papy has been left out of Chelsea's 25-man squad.

The obvious choice...what with being a) not young enough to get in another way, and b) too new to justify cutting out an established member of the squad either.

Have City managed a full 25 man squad? Dunno how their recruitment of anyone who would count as home grown went.

Sterling will be Association-trained...but I think that may be it?

Delph would be too.

Turns out they managed a 21 man squad: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220093/Kelechi-Iheanacho-left-Manchester-City-s-21-man-Champions-League-squad.html (this does not include youth players on the B-list)

Hart, Caballero, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov, Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Fernando, De Bruyne, Toure, Delph, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Sterling, Aguero, Bony

• 2 weeks later...

That's more like it! Must have been listening to Gary Neville. No point having 4 passers of the ball in central midfield with nobody aside from Memphis willing to run. Providing PSV have a go, which I expect them to, we have pace to hurt them on the counter tonight. 

Glad Martial is playing, but it's funny how this set up would have suited Fellaini more as the "striker" than the one we lined up with Saturday.