UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...

^ I'd also be tempted by Lyon/Valencia if I were a neutral.

Chelsea line up with no Terry, Matic or Hazard in their first eleven. Costa returns from his domestic suspension, while Mikel, Ramires and Willian all get starts. Remy, Falcao and Oscar aren't even on the bench for some reason.

Begovic, Ivanovic, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Ramires, Fabregas, Willian, Pedro, Costa

Subs: Blackman, Terry, Baba Rahman, Matic, Loftus-Cheek, Hazard, Kenedy.

Why do we persist with Ivanovic? <_<

I think in this game - away in Europe against (theoretically) our toughest group rivals - the idea is solidity first, a draw being a good result, and then hitting them on the break is a bonus. Ivanovic has been garbage this season, but I do understand that the alternative of playing Baba on the left is just as defensively suspect as a crap Ivanovic against decent opposition. Yes, Baba is much better in attack, but that would not seem to be the priority tonight. I guess therefore the gamble is on whether Bran has an okay game for once.

TBH, with or without Ivanovic, the biggest tell will be whether the entire team looks at all arsed over the opening 15 minutes.

Are you not taking a spare striker?

Apparently they didn't travel. I suspect that since we'll have to rely on Remy/Falcao on Saturday, no need to risk losing one of them by playing here...