They were kind of ragging on Saunders for not scoring, but it seems like he didn't even tag up. I feel like if he tags, he has a shot at getting home.

Doesn't really matter as Carrera ends up batting him in. Bad swing by Travis there to ground into the double play. Would have loved some momentum going with Donaldson and Edwin behind him. This has been a fun game so far. 

Both of these teams are hacking away at the first pitch all the time.  I don't really get it.  The thought is that the first pitch fastball will be the best one to hit in the entire AB but man does it drive me mad to see chances squandered by not being more selective.

Mets will probably hack away at Bumgarner tomorrow too for much the same reason, which is a scary thought since the goal needs to be getting him out of the game and into their crappy bullpen as soon as possible.  Bumgarner may be good for 120-130 pitches much for that reason.

9 minutes ago, Buschy Wonka said:

Both of these teams are hacking away at the first pitch all the time.  I don't really get it.  The thought is that the first pitch fastball will be the best one to hit in the entire AB but man does it drive me mad to see chances squandered by not being more selective.

Which is odd, because Toronto was either one of, if not the, league leaders in team walks this year.

6 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Which is odd, because Toronto was either one of, if not the, league leaders in team walks this year.

Just behind Chicago, yeah. 

They've had success against Tillman. They've hit a lot of home runs against him. They went up there looking to hit more.