4 hours ago, Meacon said:

For no reason whatsoever, I suggest you guys turn on the Cubs/Cardinals game. @Cloudy @Little Red Srarvette

Woops my bad. That there is a sahyder. Very first batter he faced after I said something. :/ 

You got a blog?!

AA Arkansas Travelers switch MLB affiliate, are now the AA team for the Mariners.

This move puts an end to the 16 year relationship they've had with the Angels. 

Ender Inciarte robs Cespedes of a game-winning home run.  The 30+ games under .500 Braves sweep the Mets at home.  Terry Collins threw away the last two games with complete mismanagement.  Pulling Addison Reed who has been one of the best set up men in baseball with a 1.73 ERA for a rookie lefty with a 4.38 ERA solely because Terry can't wrap his head around anything other than lefty/righty matchups regardless of splits.  Similarly, using the expanded rosters as an excuse to give Eric Campbell (.172) and Kevin Plawecki (.189) key at-bats late in the middle of a playoff race.

I'm numb at this point.  I don't even know if I want to make the playoffs anymore.  For what?  To watch this lineup get carved up by Bumgarner or Carlos Martinez?  Even if we get to the NLDS, 3 of our 4 flamethrowing starters are out for the year.  Daniel Murphy may have won NLCS MVP last year but the real reason we won that series is because the Cubs were one of the worst teams in baseball at catching up to the high heat.

I feel this franchise is better off long-term if they miss out on the playoffs despite the easiest September schedule in baseball and use that as justification for letting Terry Collins go.  He's a nice guy and the team may play hard for him but he is just an atrocious in-game manager.

Another Mets rant, because I forgot to leave out the medical personnel in last night's rant.  Here was the last week of being a Mets fan:

Friday:  deGrom to start Sunday
Saturday:  deGrom scratched from Sunday start, out for season
Wednesday:  Matz to start Friday
Thursday:  Matz scratched from Friday start, out for season

Literally the exact same thing happening twice in a week.  Not only is their whole strength and conditioning program a question mark given the number of injuries, but there hasn't been one single Mets injury this year that has been diagnosed properly from the outset, which has led to the team playing with a smaller roster.  Usually they'll keep a guy on the bench but not use him so they could backdate a DL stint, then he'll play one game - they'll realize "oops, he really IS badly injured" and then have to put them on the 15-day DL and lose them for even longer.

They need to fire EVERYBODY on this fucking medical staff.  Every single one of them. 

He was supposed to start today, but they bumped him to Monday.  His accident happened around 3 AM.  He presumably wouldn't have been out if he was meant to pitch today.  Obviously, nobody can ever see a horrific accident like this coming but it's sobering to realize that the decision to push him back inadvertently cost him his life.

Life can end at any moment and it's so scary to think about :( what a terrible loss