When I woke up Sunday morning, I got the alert on my phone. When I saw it, I legit got sick. Seeing something like that happen (no matter what age you are) is sickening. Loss of life, only 24 and just starting his potential HOF career. Just...nothing else to say. Rest in Peace, Jose.

http://deadspin.com/tim-tebow-hit-a-home-run-on-the-first-pitch-1787186666

Former NFL quarterback and current New York Mets prospect Tim Tebow hit an opposite-field home run on the first pitch he saw in today’s instructional league game. 

• Like 1

John Jaso was more or less gifted the cycle last night. He got his second double of the night and advanced to third on a throwing error, but they ruled it a triple, for reasons?

Also Mark Teixeira hit a walk-off grand slam last night to beat Boston. Great way to wind down his career.

The Mets have locked down the top NL Wild Card spot.  Unbelievable.

No Wright. No Walker. No Harvey. No Wheeler. No Matz. No deGrom. Starting Seth Lugo, Robert Gsellman, Gabriel Ynoa, Rafael Montero, and Sean Gilmartin in games down the stretch. 2 games under .500 on August 20th. 13 games over on October 1st.

Unreal. I'll gladly eat crow for how this year has turned out. I don't like Collins' managerial decisions most of the time, but he has to get some credit for keeping the clubhouse together.

Yeah it's not going to be easy against Bumgarner or Martinez in the WC game but the fact that they are even there is a small miracle. They're playing with house money at this point.

10 hours ago, damshow said:

NL is a little more simple. Giants in with a win. Cards in with a win and Giants loss.

Actually, a Giants win and Cards loss means a Game 163 for the 2nd Wild Card tomorrow in St. Louis.  A lot of Mets fans are hoping for that and then a Cards win because New York's lefty-heavy lineup would be better served against Martinez than Bumgarner.

But I don't like the idea of the Mets facing a team that has had 1 day of rest when the Mets themselves will be on 3 (I count today as rest as most of the starters are expected to sit).  Rest almost feels like a detriment in the baseball playoffs, look at how many 1 seeds have been bumped off by the Wild Card team since the switch to the new playoff format.

So we need to beat Baltimore on Tuesday to make the actual World Series. I do not like this. I feel like even if we make it, we're going to get eliminated first thing because of how streaky we've been this year. This is a sad cry from last years Jay's.

Wow, what a grab by Pillar. And excellent hustle to get the ball in to prevent the runner from getting to third. Great, great play.

And then Trumbo immediately hits a two-run jack to take the lead. Toronto's fans went from a super high to a super low in like 45-seconds.

We've got tons of Canadians and @damshow and @The Handsome Luchadore. I know I can't be the only fool (A Yankees fool, no less) watching this.

• Like 1