Music that is awful

Rich

5 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Remember that "Cash me ousside" girl that was on Dr. Phil once and became a meme for a while? She is a rapper now.

Well how bou dah

12 hours ago, Chuck Tingle said:

Brainstorming session behind every Matchbox Twenty song ever in one sentence:

Hey guys, how can we write the most boring song imaginable?

CHIKARA star Icarus' favourite band in the whole world, Matchbox Twenty.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Because of this song, this guy is a big deal among farmers in Ireland.

I have no idea what's going on in said song. I don't understand any of it.

• 3 months later...

The worst 'popular' song of 2017 for sure. This song is just, ugh. The Faux-Ska is frustratingly sedated, the overuse of the word 'feels' makes me want to punch someone really hard. And this combined with 'Swish Swish' are the most out-of-touch songs of 2017 that I never ever want to hear regardless of what my mood is.

• 2 months later...

Good luck getting this shit outta your head

• Sad 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2020 at 09:53, Hellraiser said:

So I watched Highlander the Source for the first time today. They had former Uriah Heep singer John Sloman re-record Queen's "Princes Of The Universe" and "Who Wants To Live Forever"

Well there's your problem!  Music that is awful in a movie that is barely watchable.  

Man I love The Highlander, as well as the TV shows and the cartoon.  Its really saying something that, out of all the sequels, Highlander II was terrible but its the best of the sequels

I'm a major fan of the Highlander movies and tv show. Never have watched, and prefer to forget, that The Source even exists. As for the second movie....the `Renegade version' (aka Director's Cut) is watchable, since it removes the Immortals being aliens crap. But, then again, Endgame completely removes it from continuity, anyway.

As for awful music.......99% of anything Barry Manilow has ever done. Copacabana is the only song of his I can stomach. I Write The Songs is the drizzling shits.

Improvisational Jazz and *some* Celtic music sounds more like people tuning their instruments than actual playing. (I like a lot of Celtic music, but there are a few songs that are just...ugh.)

4 hours ago, metalman said:

Why are you insulting my culture : /

I've got Irish and Scottish ancestry. So I'm technically insulting my own, also. 

To be more specific it was a song or two I heard by the Chieftains (who actually do some pretty good songs) that were the issue. Years ago, so do not remember the song titles.