Stranger Things

Benji

So I’m watching some episodes with someone who likes to have captions on.  I have to say it takes a little something away from the villain when his arrival in a scene is proceeded by a caption reading:

[Wet Squelching]

• Haha 3

Episode 4 spoilers

Spoiler

What a performance by Sadie Sink. Just brilliant. They almost had me convinced Max was a goner there - when she was running for the exit back to the real world I thought something was gonna stop her. I'm not convinced that she's safe in the long run, however.

Also, Freddy fucking Krueger showing up? I'll take that. I purposely have avoided any spoilers or cast info so didn't know he was coming and was pleasantly surprised. The whole scene was a very obvious homage to Silence of the Lambs. I think the guard's instructions to Nancy and Robin were almost verbatim to what was said to Clarice.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

So I’m watching some episodes with someone who likes to have captions on.  I have to say it takes a little something away from the villain when his arrival in a scene is proceeded by a caption reading:

[Wet Squelching]

[intense music intensifies]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man, fuck that ending to episode 6!!!

Spoiler

Stop hurting Steve! He deserves only the best in the world! I don't think he's gonna die, but at the same time I can't be 100% sure...

I can't watch the next episode because episode 7 is almost 2 hours long and it's almost 1am. 

First 3 eps done. This is excellent, really seems to have found its footing early this season. Possibly the best of the lot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DFF said:

First 3 eps done. This is excellent, really seems to have found its footing early this season. Possibly the best of the lot. 

We're 3 episodes in too.

Spoiler

The humour is always spot on. Steve making a joke about Dustin's teeth to be met with a "dude wtf?" type response and then agree that it was too much, was hilarious. 

A lot of characters bounce off one another well. 

• Like 1

Yeah I am a real big fan of the season but

S4E7 Spoilers

Spoiler

Not sure that cliffhanger warranted a month's wait but it was still cool because they're tying things together more throughout the whole series. Covid delays might have done them a really big favor with this. 

18 hours ago, livid said:

Yeah I am a real big fan of the season but

S4E7 Spoilers

Hide contents

Not sure that cliffhanger warranted a month's wait but it was still cool because they're tying things together more throughout the whole series. Covid delays might have done them a really big favor with this. 

Spoiler

Agreed on the wait. The big reveals really were fantastic, in that it really is going to make a watch through of the show feel different next time, knowing that Vecna has been lurking around since the beginning.

But it really didn't feel like a justified end to the first part, with the wait for the last two episodes.

That said, I think the break is less because we need to digest what we've seen... and more because we need time to prepare for the onslaught of the final two episodes of the season.

They referred to Vecna as the Mind Flayer's General. I don't think they got the rankings correct... and I don't think everyone makes it to season five.

Hope y'all are ready to cry.

Episode 7 spoilers

Spoiler

I called the orderly being 001 and Vecna almost the moment he was introduced but I didn't think he was Creel's son.

This episode was bonkers and has left be genuinely worried for Nancy. Although, at least it isn't Steve as the one in danger for once.

Know what I liked about episode 7?

Spoiler

Mike, the worst character, and Will, the most useless character, weren’t in it at all.