Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

To be fair Ake had an impressive 6 month spell in the Premier League last season, whereas really Chalobah has never consistently played at the top level.

Conflicting stories in the Rooney saga tonight. It seems apparent that Bill Kenwright met his agent in London today, but one paper is saying his excess wages will cause United to demand Rooney is part of a deal to sign Lukaku, while another says the whole deal is up in the air due to Roo's high wage demands. Make your mind up media!

To be honest as shitty a policy as it is, I've made my peace with how we do deals. We'll probably buy him back for like 12m in 2020 anyway.

But if we let Loftus-Cheek leave there will be hell to pay, I desperately want him to succeed.

ALSO, because Everton are apparently replacing Lukaku with as many strikers as possible; they've apparently bid about £40m for Benfica's Raul Jimenez on top of their interest in Rooney and Giroud. Madness.

Watford are basically just trying to hoover up the entire England U21 squad.

Given how long they've been apparently dealing for Morata, I won't lie, I'm surprised. Huge move for Utd if they get it done.

So do we now just switch and take Morata or are we actually going to trust the one we already paid 33m for who started to hit form at the end of the season? Or throw 50m odd at someone else?

21 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Given how long they've been apparently dealing for Morata, I won't lie, I'm surprised. Huge move for Utd if they get it done.

So do we now just switch and take Morata or are we actually going to trust the one we already paid 33m for who started to hit form at the end of the season? Or throw 50m odd at someone else?

If United aren't getting Morata then I bet it'll be because Real just aren't selling him. Or at least that they'd be equally unhelpful about it with us.

Even if we start trusting Batshuayi, you just know that Costa's going to be allowed to leave regardless (it's the way Chelsea seem to do things) so we'll need another striker anyway. Doubt a sufficiently good one is available, though.

It seems that when Chelsea are bad at transfer windows, they are really fucking bad