Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

• Admin

AC Milan's summer spending spree continues after the Rossoneri captured promising Italy Under-21 defender Andrea Conti from Atalanta. Full-back Conti, 23, arrives from Atalanta and follows Andre Silva, Ricardo Rodriguez, Hakan Calhanoglu, Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessie and Fabio Borini in moving to San Siro in recent weeks.

Sky sources: Newcastle United have rejected a £5m bid from local rivals Middlesbrough for goalkeeper Karl Darlow. Middlesbrough are preparing a second bid, while Aston Villa and Reading are also interested. 

Burnley's German striker Rouwen Hennings has signed a three-year contract with Fortuna Dusseldorf after joining on a free transfer, having spent last season on loan with the 2. Bundesliga side. Hennings, who had 12 months left on his deal with the Clarets, made 27 appearances in his debut season - most as substitute - at Turf Moor in 2015/16 and scored two goals.

Arda Turan is set to stay at Barcelona, according to his agent.

Anton Donkor has returned to Everton for a second loan spell until January 2018. The 19-year-old forward joins David Unsworth's title-winning Under-23s team from German Bundesliga club Wolfsburg. Donkor signed for the Blues on loan in January but his first spell was disrupted by an ankle injury.

3 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

And they thought the whatsapp thing was cringe ?

Hi! We've both been told to stay out of each other's way, so it'd be greatly appreciated if you didn't try to bait me.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation :)

6 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Hi! We've both been told to stay out of each other's way, so it'd be greatly appreciated if you didn't try to bait me.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation :)

I mean, I follow Leipzig so I'm allowed to have an opinion on Naby Keita and his associated nicknames, and how stupid they are. 

I don't think about you enough to consider you when I post honestly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cymbols said:

I mean, I follow Leipzig so I'm allowed to have an opinion on Naby Keita and his associated nicknames, and how stupid they are. 

I don't think about you enough to consider you when I post honestly.

It was a harmless, throwaway pun. No "stupider" (I'll happily take the warning for this: fuck off, you utterly condescending cunt) than anything Myke or anyone else posts on here. But you think about me enough to spend a month needling me at every turn and then cry victim/plead ignorance when I respond to you? Get over yourself.

Oh, look, you won. I took the bait. Congrats.

20 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Lukaku needs to learn to score in big games though. In 11 matches against the top 6 (he missed a game against Spurs) he contributed just 4 goals and no assists and that's not really good enough from someone who is going to cost 75 million quid.

Just going back to this, I disagree with it. This is a stat thrown at every striker who hasn't had a distinctly memorable goal against a big side. Fact is chances are fewer in these games and the defenders are better. Not to mention Everton are highly unlikely to attack against these sides. Its a cherry picked stat that's used to discredit strikers.

Nobody would throw that at Harry Kane because they remember him sticking one past Arsenal. But Kane only scored 3 goals against the the remaining top 5 and that's with a much better supporting cast, that attacked in those games. 16% of Lukaku's goals came against the top 6, is that really a poor return? It's not and that tally is only going to improve sides when he signs for Man United.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TCO said:

Just going back to this, I disagree with it. This is a stat thrown at every striker who hasn't had a distinctly memorable goal against a big side. Fact is chances are fewer in these games and the defenders are better. Not to mention Everton are highly unlikely to attack against these sides. Its a cherry picked stat that's used to discredit strikers.

Nobody would throw that at Harry Kane because they remember him sticking one past Arsenal. But Kane only scored 3 goals against the the remaining top 5 and that's with a much better supporting cast, that attacked in those games. 16% of Lukaku's goals came against the top 6, is that really a poor return? It's not and that tally is only going to improve sides when he signs for Man United.

Also missed a game against City & scored against Chelsea in a semi final, but I think you make a good point. I'd say even when Kane isn't scoring, he contributes alot, whereas I have seen Lukaku go completely missing in the big games. It's happened to Harry a few times, against Liverpool and United, specifically last season, but I think there's where the exaggeration of Lukaku's record comes from. 

13 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's fake, albeit a good one.

Unless he'd already had his United photos taken pre-haircut.

No its not.  His face and neck are two different shades. 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Also missed a game against City & scored against Chelsea in a semi final, but I think you make a good point. I'd say even when Kane isn't scoring, he contributes alot, whereas I have seen Lukaku go completely missing in the big games. It's happened to Harry a few times, against Liverpool and United, specifically last season, but I think there's where the exaggeration of Lukaku's record comes from. 

It happens to all strikers because its a team game and the other team can often negate their effectiveness with good tactics. I wasn't saying it to discredit Kane at all btw, he's brilliant. Its just I've heard that thrown at Lukaku a lot in the past few days and its odd. Kane's 3 in 9 and Lukaku's 4 in 11 are almost the same ratio and I've never heard anyone say that about Kane.

Not everyone is Messi or Ronaldo, we're spoiled in an era where we have two players who are likely to grab any game by the balls and score a brace. They're a once in a lifetime occurrence at best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

It was a harmless, throwaway pun. No "stupider" (I'll happily take the warning for this: fuck off, you utterly condescending cunt) than anything Myke or anyone else posts on here.

Hey, none of my puns are harmless. 

• Like 2