Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

I do like that his career path has been:

Break through at Everton, United get his best years, returns to Everton at 31 when his legs have gone.

• Like 1

Seriously, I really don't get the love in for him from Everton fans. He had two seasons with the club playing, handed in a transfer request and fucked them off and really he's only come back because there was no chance of him doing anything substantial for United or getting any real playing them.  

I mean we're replacing Arouna Kone who scored 6 goals in 47 appearances with somebody who scored 8 in 39 last season, who also happens to be a role model for our younger players and a boyhood Evertonian. Only downside is the money he's on, but the times they are a-changing. Also, considering his talent, I'm not going to begrudge him for wanting to move away from the team that finished 17th.

• Like 2

The never ending battle of cringey transfer announcement videos continues with Chelsea getting in on the action now. 

Sigh. 

These god awful transfer videos need to stop.

I don't know whether I'm glad we've signed him or not. Whilst I agree there's a case to be made for a new signing since we've lost Terry and Ake, I still think Christensen should have been promoted up since he's been pretty good for Monchengladbach. Plus we need to get Zouma back getting regular game time.

Seriously, all across the country, there must be marketing degree classes where they learn this tripe and not once does anyone ever seem to go 'Well, that was fucking abysmal'.

Although, Wayne Rooney being able to write his signature backwards on a pane of glass so it appears to correct way to the viewer is an amazing talent.

• Like 2

I kinda like the idea though that Rudiger just spends most of his time in the back room of a Chelsea club store whilst some shite grime music plays, making hand gestures to anyone who comes in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Although, Wayne Rooney being able to write his signature backwards on a pane of glass so it appears to correct way to the viewer is an amazing talent.

He did it left-handed too, what a pro.

I'm rather excited about the Rooney move I'm not going to lie (obviously). Wanted it to happen since he was first linked last year. Always wanted him back here.

He's 31, hardly ancient, knows and loves the club and will be an invaluable mentor for the younger players. He knows all about winning titles and trophies, this is a great move for the club and for him.

• Like 1

I'd argue he is ancient in footballing terms physically,  he doesn't / didn't look after himself in the off season and it's taken years off of his peak performance window. 

1 hour ago, Rooney! said:

I'm rather excited about the Rooney move I'm not going to lie (obviously). Wanted it to happen since he was first linked last year. Always wanted him back here.

He's 31, hardly ancient, knows and loves the club and will be an invaluable mentor for the younger players. He knows all about winning titles and trophies, this is a great move for the club and for him.

True. But he's played at the highest level and played regularly in Europe since he was 18. He broke into the Prem at 16. Whilst physically he isn't old, he does have a lot of mileage in a highly physically demanding league. 

He'll bring a lot of experience and will be a great influence on your younger players no doubt about it. But he's not gonna be a guaranteed starter and that's probably for the best tbh. 

3 hours ago, Cherrycode Bang said:

These god awful transfer videos need to stop.

I don't know whether I'm glad we've signed him or not. Whilst I agree there's a case to be made for a new signing since we've lost Terry and Ake, I still think Christensen should have been promoted up since he's been pretty good for Monchengladbach. Plus we need to get Zouma back getting regular game time.

My difficulty is, whether it's Rudiger or AC or whomever, I can't see the Cahill-Luiz-Azpi trio being broken up short of injury or one of them making a massive cockup.

(Maybe not even then, if it's Cahill. He seems to get 2 or 3 free passes for cockups each season.)

Anyway...we have now returned to having the same number of defenders we had last season. Good, I guess? Still feel we need another central midfielder, some manner of extra WB depth, and of course any kind of resolution to this current striker nonsense. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Costa stayed for at least the first half of the season.