Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

I hope he N'Jies his stay. :shifty:

• Like 3

• Admin

Wojciech Szczesny is set to join Juventus after agreeing a deal in principle with the Italian champions. Juventus and Arsenal are in the final stages of concluding the deal with the fee expected to be around £10m. The Polish international will sign a long-term contract and earn almost £70,000 a week. The 27-year-old has spent the last two seasons at Roma and is now ready to permanently leave the London club he joined in 2009.

We've just signed Craig Clay from Motherwell. He moved from National League Grimsby, played 30-odd games for Scottish Premiership Motherwell last season and now moved to Orient in the National League. Is that the state of Scottish football?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Chelsea have “serious and strong interest” in signing Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, according to Sky sources.

Probably bullshit though.

Aguero and David Luiz in the same team?

That should be a larf...

1 hour ago, MDK said:

We've just signed Craig Clay from Motherwell. He moved from National League Grimsby, played 30-odd games for Scottish Premiership Motherwell last season and now moved to Orient in the National League. Is that the state of Scottish football?

Absolutely. The standard north of the border is pretty poor compared to the English leagues. We've had some right donkeys in at Rovers who go on to prolific careers in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, Rooney! said:

Absolutely. The standard north of the border is pretty poor compared to the English leagues. We've had some right donkeys in at Rovers who go on to prolific careers in Scotland.

I know Scottish football is a joke but I didn't realise it was that bad.

10 minutes ago, MDK said:

I know Scottish football is a joke but I didn't realise it was that bad.

We've had a left back called Aaron Taylor-Sinclair for the last two years, just left thankfully, who made his name at Partick in the SPL and he's one of the worst footballers I've ever seen play for us.

15 hours ago, Rooney! said:

We've had a left back called Aaron Taylor-Sinclair for the last two years, just left thankfully, who made his name at Partick in the SPL and he's one of the worst footballers I've ever seen play for us.

I know Scottish footsball r bad lulz but this is anecdotal. I've no idea who he is, he's never left a lasting impression when I've watched SPL. A better example would be Scott Sinclair at Celtic being treated like a superstar, but while your guy might be more highly though of at Partick Thistle he's still a complete non entity.

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

I know Scottish footsball r bad lulz but this is anecdotal. I've no idea who he is, he's never left a lasting impression when I've watched SPL. A better example would be Scott Sinclair at Celtic being treated like a superstar, but while your guy might be more highly though of at Partick Thistle he's still a complete non entity.

That's fair, but he was just one example. The point wasn't really about the talent at Celtic but rather through the SPL and lower divisions as a whole. I do not believe the standard of quality behind Celtic (and to some degree a few other teams) is at all comparable to the English League One/Two. 

2 hours ago, Kaney said:

I keep forgetting you are a Celtic fan :shifty:

• Admin

Sampdoria have offered £6m plus £1.5m add-ons for Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, according to Sky in Italy.

West Brom have completed the signing of 26-year-old Egypt international defender Ahmed Hegazi.

Sky sources understand West Brom are interested in signing Kieran Gibbs. The Gunners want around £10m for the defender - but Albion are not prepared to pay that much.

Mukhtar Ali has completed a permanent transfer from Chelsea to Vitesse Arnhem.

Sky sources understand Joe Hart has passed his medical ahead of his loan move from Manchester City to West Ham.

Sky sources understand Aston Villa have activated a release clause in the contract of Hull City’s Ahmed Elmohamady.

Sky sources understand Crystal Palace are interested in signing Arsenal defender Calum Chambers.

Middlesbrough have broken their transfer record to sign striker Britt Assombalonga from Championship rivals Nottingham Forest for £15m.

Yoan Gouffran has joined Turkish side Goztepe SK following the expiry of his contract at Newcastle United.