Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

• Admin

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is staying Borussia Dortmund, according to Sky in Germany. Dortmund have held talks with AC Milan over the potential transfer of Aubameyang, who has also been linked with Chelsea, in recent days. However, it is understood the Bundesliga club do not want to do any more business this summer. As such, Aubameyang, who is under contract at the Westfalenstadion until 2020, will remain at the club.

Brentford have agreed a £1.8m deal with Exeter to sign striker Ollie Watkins, according to Sky sources. The 21-year-old is undergoing a medical with the Bees and finalising personal terms. Sky sources reported last week that Brentford were hoping to land Watkins after signing another striker - the France U21 international Neal Maupay.

Fulham have agreed a deal with Liverpool to take Sheyi Ojo on loan, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News expects Marko Arnautovic’s move to West Ham to be completed this week after an agreement was reached with Stoke. The news comes after the Hammers saw two bids rejected for the Austria international last week, the second of which was for £20m. West Ham have since revised their offer, tabling a third bid which has Stoke are understood to have accepted.

38 minutes ago, Paul Scholes! said:

£15 million for Britt Assombalonga is eyebrow raising, but he's just the kind of player that Middlesborough need to head straight back up. 30 in 65 for Forrest is good at a team that I don't think was ever competing for the playoffs or promotion in his time there.

He could be a great player for Boro in the Championship, but only if he stays fit. He's been injury prone for a while, and most Forest fans are talking about it as a good piece of business to sell him for so much.

4 hours ago, Rooney! said:

That's fair, but he was just one example. The point wasn't really about the talent at Celtic but rather through the SPL and lower divisions as a whole. I do not believe the standard of quality behind Celtic (and to some degree a few other teams) is at all comparable to the English League One/Two. 

Oh it really isnt comparable at all, I just hate to let MDK rag on Scottish football :shifty:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Oh it really isnt comparable at all, I just hate to let MDK rag on Scottish football :shifty:

For once I'm not talking bollocks and that is what hurts the most, eh?

• Like 4

• Admin

Sky sources understand Javier Manquillo is currently undergoing a medical with Newcastle at their training camp in Dublin.

Sky sources understand there is interest from Aston Villa’s city rivals Birmingham in signing their defender and former captain Tommy Elphick.

Sky sources understand Crystal Palace have completed the signing of Ajax defender Jairo Riedewald. The deal is worth €9m (£8m).

Free-agent Fraizer Campbell is set to sign for Hull City, subject to a medical, Sky Sports News understands.

Lasse Vigen Christensen has joined Brondby IF for an undisclosed fee, Fulham have confirmed. 

Antonio Cassano retires, then un-retires and vows to ‘have fun’ with Verona

5 hours ago, Rooney! said:

That's fair, but he was just one example. The point wasn't really about the talent at Celtic but rather through the SPL and lower divisions as a whole. I do not believe the standard of quality behind Celtic (and to some degree a few other teams) is at all comparable to the English League One/Two. 

This is the issue, it's never a fair comparison to compare the Scottish game to the English game, we've got a tenth of the population, we've got most of that population who are football fans supporting one of two teams, we've got a very central based population so people are attracted to the big city teams and we've got the worst tv deal in Europe.  We can't compare ourselves to teams like Coventry and Luton in league 2 who again have bigger populations than our second best team and likely have a better tv deal.  The issue with the Scottish game is that we're always comparing ourselves to England, which is ridiculous as we're nowhere near that.  We should be comparing ourselves with nations with a relative population to ours and from that we can look at some stats and see where we're ranking favourably and what we can be doing better.

Always being compared to the English game is only going to hold the Scottish game back.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rooney! said:

Steven Taylor played for us in the friendly I was at tonight. WOR STEVEN! :w00t:@Colly @TCO

He was good an all.

Saw him out on the piss getting into a cab in Dublin last week actually, must have been his last week with Ipswich! :lol:

• Like 1