UEFA Europa League 2017/18

Lineker

Well that was pretty good. We were a lot better than we have been in forever. 

Yes, Milan were pretty sloppy and overall a bit turd. Despite that, we were passing the ball like we should be, with a purpose. None of this slow, mundane, sideways passing. They were more direct and zipping the ball about. 

It just shows that a lot of these players do have it in their locker to play with a bit of desire. All it does is add weight to the argument that another manager will get much more out of this group. 

Anyway, a great result and a word on Aaron Ramsey's fitness levels, they're unbelievable. 

• Like 1

Milan were not good but Christ they wouldn't have had to be given our recent form. We won, convincingly, away in Europe, at the San Siro, and kept a clean sheet. I don't know what this feeling is but I like it :w00t:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kaney said:

Milan were not good but Christ they wouldn't have had to be given our recent form. We won, convincingly, away in Europe, at the San Siro, and kept a clean sheet. I don't know what this feeling is but I like it :w00t:

I give it till Sunday afternoon till normality is resumed :shifty:

2 hours ago, MadJack said:

I really want to see an all Red Bull final, just to see the froth generated by the collective hategasm it would cause.

What is with the RB hate?

8 minutes ago, Nerf said:

They're basically exploiting loopholes all over the place to violate Bundesliga regulations.

You can read about it in detail here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football

Scenes when MK Dons become RB Dons and move into Buckingham Palace.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MDK said:

What is with the RB hate?

Hypocrisy mainly. The same people who have issues with RB don't have issues with Wolfsburg (backed by VW), Leverkusen (backed by Bayer) or to a lesser extent Hoffenheim (backed by the German software billionaire Dietmar Hopp). Nor do they seem to have a problem with how German football is set up to ensure Bayern Munich's continued success...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Hypocrisy mainly. The same people who have issues with RB don't have issues with Wolfsburg (backed by VW), Leverkusen (backed by Bayer) or to a lesser extent Hoffenheim (backed by the German software billionaire Dietmar Hopp). Nor do they seem to have a problem with how German football is set up to ensure Bayern Munich's continued success...

I did wonder about the naming thing. If you look too deeply into who owns who and who is bad and bla bla bla we'll all just end up supporting Forest Green. Orient were owned by some bloke who was wanted in Albania for tax dodginess. City, Barca and PSG are owned by Qatar who have suspect human rights records, Chelsea are owned by the Russian mafia, Swansea are owned by a Welsh sheeple smuggling cartel etc.

If you want pure football without any fuckery just go watch Gazz and his minidragons play on the weekend. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MadJack said:

They literally do, though. All of those clubs, especially Leverkusen, have been vilified as "fake clubs" for decades upon decades.