Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

Here's a playlist of the Hall H presentation broken down into individual movies and TV shows.

My main takeaway is that Winston Duke is an absolute fountain of charisma, and I'm kinda sad he doesn't seem to be the one they're making the new lead of the franchise.

Destin Daniel Cretton is directing Avengers: The Kang Dynasty according to Variety. Presumably he'd be directing Secret Wars, since I can't imagine they aren't 1) filming these two movies back to back and 2) how weird it would be to switch out directors if they are doing them back to back. But maybe the Russos return for Secret Wars, even though Feige says they aren't.

But, still - Shang-Chi 2 is unannounced, but a sequel was greenlit shortly after it premiered. He's also attached to a Disney+ show about Xu Xialing's Ten Rings, and an executive producer on a Wonder Man show for Disney+ too.

He's gonna have a real busy few years coming up.

@Tigerstyle Might want to say that's for Wakanda Forever, rather than Black Panther.

Spoiler

But if the rumours about how she was on set are true, unfortunately it makes sense. If she's the lead in the film then she may feel like she's allowed to start preaching about the "dangers" of vaccinations to everyone.

4 hours ago, Chris2K said:

@Tigerstyle Might want to say that's for Wakanda Forever, rather than Black Panther.

Hide contents

But if the rumours about how she was on set are true, unfortunately it makes sense. If she's the lead in the film then she may feel like she's allowed to start preaching about the "dangers" of vaccinations to everyone.

Sorry about that, I assumed with it being spoilers it would make sense. But it's been changed!

Spoiler

I'm just hoping she dies, she picks up the mantle and then dies because she's not good enough. There's a scene in the trailer where the queen is like "I'm the queen of the most powerful nation on the planet and I've lost everything" would be pretty awful mum to not include her daughter in everything.

2 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Sorry about that, I assumed with it being spoilers it would make sense. But it's been changed!

Hide contents

I'm just hoping she dies, she picks up the mantle and then dies because she's not good enough. There's a scene in the trailer where the queen is like "I'm the queen of the most powerful nation on the planet and I've lost everything" would be pretty awful mum to not include her daughter in everything.

Spoiler

Entirely possible that line from Queen Ramonda is set during the Snap, since Shuri and T’Challa both disappeared. 

Also there are some rumors that Shuri is Black Panther during the movie but gives it up at the end to M’Baku. Other rumors are: Shuri keeps it, but only until T’Challa’a son grows up, and that Nakia takes the mantle of Black Panther.

It could go a multitude of ways, honestly. And Disney doesn’t care about any of that controversy seemingly, since Evangeline Lilly is still in the MCU.

Edited by tristy

Spoiler

Which Lego set are we talking, because she's still Shuri here even if the suit is a bit panthery? There's another new set with her and Black Panther, though thst may be based on the first film.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/shuri-s-sunbird-76211?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-LNtsWdwRzsQ-2513819-115554-1

6 hours ago, Colly said:
  Hide contents

Which Lego set are we talking, because she's still Shuri here even if the suit is a bit panthery? There's another new set with her and Black Panther, though thst may be based on the first film.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/shuri-s-sunbird-76211?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-LNtsWdwRzsQ-2513819-115554-1

Spoiler

There is another Lego set with Shuri, Attuma and Namor. I'm reasonably sure the outfit Shuri is wearing in that one, and the one you linked, is the Black Panther costume. Plus, I mean, she's in a Lego set by herself with the "villain" of the movie.

But yeah, the other one you mention is clearly based off the first movie. The logo on the box is a dead giveaway seeing as how it doesn't have the WF logo, and it also makes no mention of the new movie like the other two sets do.

Edited by tristy

On 11/06/2022 at 16:57, damhausen said:

I finally saw Dr Strange. It was okay. When Sam Raimi really got to do his own thing it was at its best, when it was standard MCU fare it was at its worst.

It was obvious for a lot of reasons this was filmed during the pandemic. Didn't look great at times with seemingly even more reliance than usual on CG sets. 

I thought it was good but the point of it not looking great is interesting. I thought certain things looked really interesting (Strange and America falling through the multiverses and certain set pieces) but the action scenes were fine but not up to par. 

My kids loved the movie but it was insanely dumb and unnecessary but interesting to look at. The whole movie could have been 20 minutes given the ending. 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Rewatched Strange 2, I think America Chavez is fantastic and think we need to speed up Young Avengers, Peter Parker under the guidance of Banner leading a team of America Chavez, Ms Marvel, Ironheart, Yalena, Hawkeye & Love. Throw in Wandas kids if you need more stinky men.

How is adding more men "stinky" when you've made the only man you've actually put into the group the leader? Which side of the argument are you on here?

On 21/08/2022 at 15:09, Tigerstyle said:

Rewatched Strange 2, I think America Chavez is fantastic and think we need to speed up Young Avengers, Peter Parker under the guidance of Banner leading a team of America Chavez, Ms Marvel, Ironheart, Yalena, Hawkeye & Love. Throw in Wandas kids if you need more stinky men.

Yeah I don't think Love is going to be a thing that they constantly revisit. And 616 Wanda doesn't have kids (and is currently presumed dead, although we all know she isn't).

But with Kang being the next on-tap big bad, and the suspicious quick introductions in the last few years of numerous younger heroes, we're obviously headed in the direction of a team made up of young people.

Personally, though, I think the Young Avengers is going to be America Chavez, Kate Bishop, Speed, Wiccan and Stature.

You could actually do another team with Ms. Marvel, Patriot, Falcon, Ironheart and Red Dagger. Do I think they'll make an adaptation of Champions? No, not anytime soon, but the pieces are there.

Either way, I don't care, combine the teams, take out a few members, whatever. But don't make Peter Parker a part of any of that. It's fucking Spider-Man, he should be near the top of leadership for the (New) Avengers when they come back eventually, along with Strange, Carol and Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of things coming out of D23 but perhaps the most surprising so far; Tim Blake Nelson is returning as The Leader for Captain America: nWo.

Yelena aside, this feels... underwhelming. Mainly because so many of them are so similar (three super soldiers, 2 black widow trainees and whatever Ghost is classed as.)

Finally saw Thor 4 the 4th Thor. Having read the mixed bag here I was pleasantly surprised, there were bits that possibly needed to be slightly more serious (it's slightly weird how you can both love Russell Crowe's role whilst also thinking he could be a bit less Greek stereotype in what feels like it should be a bit more weighty), and structurally it feels a bit floaty, but it was fun. I'll be interested to see if Taika gets another one as it may get formulaic, but funny ridiculous Thor will always be far better than serious grim Thor. It's a ludicrous concept which should be treated as such for the most part.

Christian Bale was excellent as everyone said.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

Lots of things coming out of D23 but perhaps the most surprising so far; Tim Blake Nelson is returning as The Leader for Captain America: nWo.

Yelena aside, this feels... underwhelming. Mainly because so many of them are so similar (three super soldiers, 2 black widow trainees and whatever Ghost is classed as.)

I actually quite like that lineup. I wasn’t at all expecting Red Guardian or Ghost.

I also love that we can call the next Captain America nWo.