Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

It's far from the biggest issue in all this but the segment of people who are appalled at the idea of recasting any character, who think it ruins canon or whatever, are absolutely awful. Just grow up kids. Everything will be as it was before with a different actor playing Kang, outside of the way they look and talk nothing will be different. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, damhausen said:

It's far from the biggest issue in all this but the segment of people who are appalled at the idea of recasting any character, who think it ruins canon or whatever, are absolutely awful. Just grow up kids. Everything will be as it was before with a different actor playing Kang, outside of the way they look and talk nothing will be different. 

These people don't deserve to be entertained. They should live in an empty room with their stupid fucking thoughts to keep them company

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

These people don't deserve to be entertained. They should live in an empty room with their stupid fucking thoughts to keep them company

I know Twitter is riddled with horrible people, but that's a fairly low low.

I don't think you can really blame Marvel for the emboldening of idiots online, that's a product of unaccountability on social media generally and the deep divides in basic human decency these days not helped by the binary nature of how everything is presented as "my tribe vs your tribe".

That said I haven't read any of the details of this, so Marvel certainly may have some blame in casting him in the first place?

The thing is, if the charges are dropped in New York, and his lawyers seem very confident they will be, unless someone else presses charges I can see Marvel keeping him on and hoping it blows over. Different company I know, but Ezra Miller is about to star in a superhero movie, and they're an even bigger PR disaster zone.

I should note that I don't want that to happen, just thinking what a movie studio is likely to do with the situation as it currently is.

17 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The thing is, if the charges are dropped in New York, and his lawyers seem very confident they will be, unless someone else presses charges I can see Marvel keeping him on and hoping it blows over. Different company I know, but Ezra Miller is about to star in a superhero movie, and they're an even bigger PR disaster zone.

I should note that I don't want that to happen, just thinking what a movie studio is likely to do with the situation as it currently is.

I feel like Disney and by proxy Marvel are much more protective of their image. Gina Carano got fired from Star Wars for something 90% of people watching The Mandalorian probably didn't even know happened. And there were rumors Letitia Wright was on incredibly thin ice for similar social media outbursts.

I can't speak to The Flash, maybe they're extremely high on the movie over at DC. But I can't see a cog in the Marvel machine being that vital, even if charges are dropped the PR issue is already right in front of them. It may take awhile to resolve, I'm sure Majors signed a contract for a certain number of films and his attorneys will presumably fight tooth-and-nail to at least assure he gets a golden parachute. But I don't think he'll be back in any MCU films.

• Like 1

Wasn't The Flash mostly done by the time Ezra Miller went seriously off the rails? Like I get the impression that a) recasting and reshoots would have been incredibly cost-prohibitive, b) the movie is now supposed to be the inciting incident for the shift to James Gunn's take on the DCEU so giving it the Batgirl treatment would not just potentially cost them a lot of money but cause a lot of frustration on that end, and c) they are in fact pretty high on the movie.

Marvel has a lot riding on Jonathan Majors not turning out to be a piece of shit but I imagine the only thing he's filmed at this point is Loki season 2, assuming the Quantumania post-credits tease was leading to that. A lot easier to just get him out of the way.

For what it's worth, the latest story is:

According to police sources, the actor called 911 himself to report his concern about his girlfriend, whom he lives with.

However, when police arrived, the girlfriend allegedly told a different story, saying that she and Majors were in a cab on the way home from a bar in Brooklyn when he physically attacked her, the police sources told ABC News on Sunday.

The patrol officers noticed marks on her body and they then placed Majors under arrest.

Source: https://abc7.com/jonathan-majors-army-arrest-ads/13021636/

The taxi will have security footage and a driver as a witness, so I have to assume his lawyer's confidence this all will be dropped is based on those.

If that is all true, there's still the many reports of his unpleasant behaviour to deal with.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

For what it's worth, the latest story is:

The taxi will have security footage and a driver as a witness, so I have to assume his lawyer's confidence this all will be dropped is based on those.

If that is all true, there's still the many reports of his unpleasant behaviour to deal with.

Yeah when the Justin Roiland charges got dropped everyone's immediate reaction was all the other shit that came out about him at the same time. This feels like it could be a very similar situation.

9 hours ago, Chris2K said:

As is Carl Lumbly!

The Hollywood Reporter also confirmed that Carl Lumbly and Danny Ramirez are part of the movie after making their MCU debut in 2021's six-episode Disney+ series, The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. To complete the party, Captain America: New World Order will be co-written by TFATWS’s Malcolm Spellman along with Dalan Musson. Julius Onah is set to direct.

• 2 weeks later...