Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

Kind of indifferent on the Thunderbolts lineup. I can see a good movie coming out of it but it's a fairly samey group of characters in terms of abilities and I just love the original premise of the Thunderbolts too much to be all that enamored with it looking like more of a black ops thing. At one point I was trying to come up with a lineup for an MCU version of something approximating the original Thunderbolts concept and Ghost was in there, so neat to see her included here.

Red Guardian being in it is cool, though. He's great.

• Like 1

Kind of hope the plot of this is them retrieving Zemo from Wakanda tbh since IIRC Falcon and Winter Soldier ends with him being turned over to them. All that work to get MCU Zemo a little more in line with comics Zemo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier would feel wasted if he's not at least in a Thunderbolts movie.

My big hope that was probably always doomed due to rights issues was bringing Michael Keaton's Vulture back and having him be the MCU's version of Mach-1.

3 hours ago, Josh said:

I actually quite like that lineup. I wasn’t at all expecting Red Guardian or Ghost.

I also love that we can call the next Captain America nWo.

I'm surprised that Abomination isn't on the roster, and Zemo is a majorly glaring exclusion, like Maxx said.

Thor 4 was ace. Other half didn't think it was as funny as Ragnarok but I think that was very much intentional so that they didn't Flanderise everything and kept it in the spirit of Thor. Christiane Bale absolutely nailed Gorr and made him feel less like a character and more like a force of nature. Russell Crowe's Zeus was insultingly Italian (backed up by my other half who is actually ethnically Greek) and not at all what I wanted from Zeus. Interested to see where Hercules comes in, though the actor for him does not look nearly bulky enough for what I wanted visually from him. Either way, it was a great way to say goodbye to the previous era of Thor whilst looking to the future and finding a great middle ground between pre and post Ragnarok Thor.

I have to think it's a more substantial role than a cameo, and that announcing it advance is to get ahead of the inevitable leaked set photos of Jackman in some kind of Wolverine gear*. They'd be able to hide a surprise cameo, and I think Reynolds knows the backlash he'd get for under-delivering after this kind of reveal. 

*I'd put money on him being in the yellow spandex costume at some point as well.

I genuinely doubt they'd make this kind of announcement only to bait and switch viewers in a few years. It's too committed and not enough 'nudge nudge wink wink'.

Both Reynolds and Marvel know that for as much goodwill they have that such moves will only create outrage and anger, and not the kind of attention they want, or even need to have at this point.

All the risk for little rewards, people will watch the film anyways because the character is massively popular and it'll be the first foxverse crossover, so there's no need to do bollocks to bring in people.

Really can't imagine them using a logo with the claw marks etc unless Wolverine is going to be a big part of the film. Also can't imagine Jackman agreeing to it after initially bowing out on Logan unless he thought the script was good enough to justify taking the role up again. 

• Thanks 1

Lost in all of this Wolverine talk (and that's a big deal, don't get me wrong): Blade starts filming in November, and the movie just lost its director in Bassam Tariq. That's.... not ideal. But, I mean, Ant-Man lost Edgar Wright about 3 months before they started filming, and it turned into one of my favorite MCU movies, so all could be okay still I guess.