The January Transfer Window - 2018

Lineker

Kenedy on joining Newcastle: “I know a bit about the history of some players, and also I watched a movie called Goal. It was good.”

Check out @ReidTheGame’s Tweet:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Pep pleads poverty over Sanchez transfer, then signs a £60m defender and looks to buy a £60m+ attacking player. Ha.

I think that was more about wages than the transfer fee, if they gave Sanchez 400k a week then everyone else is going to want a pay increase

I kind of feel like even Pep was caught off guard by just quite how well City have been so far, so he kind of went from wanting Sanchez last Summer, to not really being that bothered now, certainly not enough to shell out that much money on wages. No real secret that their defence is probably their weakest area though, Stones, Otamendi, Mangala and a perpetually crippled Vincent Kompany are probably not a good enough bunch of centre backs for City really. 

At least next years FM will be different with not everybody trying to sign Laporte anymore.

Batshuayi is off on loan to Dortmund until the end of the season - at least, that's what needs to be completed before Aubameyang signs for Arsenal and (potentially) Giroud heads to Chelsea.

Also, Newcastle wanted Sturridge and he went to West Brom - yesterday they asked City about the availability of Mangala, and now Everton are "confident" of signing him. Fucking hell. 

9 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Also, Newcastle wanted Sturridge and he went to West Brom - yesterday they asked City about the availability of Mangala, and now Everton are "confident" of signing him. Fucking hell. 

To be fair a centre half is literally dead bottom of our priorities list. We could have Kompany in his prime in our back four and we'd still not win a game.