Taskmaster

K

I saw a leak the other day and it had that whole cast which is interesting. Not heard of John Kearns but have heard of all the rest! And I've usually heard of all of them! but there we go! Always looking forward to it, but unsure if next series could match the wonderful series just gone.

I don’t think we can hold the next series to the standard this last one set, because it was uniquely wonderful. I look forward to whatever vibe we get with the new bunch.

And that was a strong Champion of Champions. If anything, I just wish there had been another episode or two. Some strong moments from basically everyone: Liza and Ed’s outfits, Ed and Kerry’s prize tasks (a genius workaround and a fucking stellar feat), Richard’s perfect wine advert (including Alex nearly fucking it up), Ed fucking COMMITTING to a spectacular failure, Liza’s wonderful painting, and even Lou managing to bring the one not-so-spectacular prize, thereby giving us the requisite prize for Greg to shit on. Also: seahorse tongue. That live task was all-or-nothing, but quintessential Taskmaster. Greg is really good at those guessing games.

The last few podcasts (both the OG and the People’s Podcast) have been really illuminating too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having now watched the first episode of NZ series 3, I can confirm it’s gonna be a good one. I think what makes this one stand up so we’ll compared to the other non-UK ones is they’re great at devising their own tasks and planning how they film things. The golf task is a great example.

• 4 weeks later...

two episodes left of taskmaster NZ. really enjoying it, the doppelganger task was great.

I see that Season 1 of Portuguese taskmaster has finished and someone has hand crafted english subtitles for it, which is great. I'll check that out soon.

I think they've also just started French Canadian taskmaster as well, again with human-written subtitles.

DM if you need a link to either of those things

as for UK taskmaster, back in about ten days:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...