Taskmaster

K

I fell massively behind on my Taskmaster watch-through (I believe I got to the season with Russell Howard?), which seasons between that and 11 are the most worth watching? Currently plowing through 11 and falling deeply in love with Mike Wozniak.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kyle. said:

I fell massively behind on my Taskmaster watch-through (I believe I got to the season with Russell Howard?), which seasons between that and 11 are the most worth watching? Currently plowing through 11 and falling deeply in love with Mike Wozniak.

Seven, nine and eleven are the best ones from that period

• Thanks 1

We watched through all of the first season of Taskmaster Norway. It’s got highs and lows. Feels like misogyny is a tad more prevalent in Norway. I really like that they always physically bring their prizes on stage.

We also watched the first episode of Taskmaster Sweden. It’s sooooo different. Four regular contestants with a different fifth guest each episode. The prizes are introduced in one video package by the assistant. And they do a BUNCH of tasks per episode. I think I prefer keeping it to five and spending more time on them. All told, we’ll probably watch more. It’s still got some cool things going for it.

Both are on YouTube with optional subtitles, and I think Finland and Denmark are there too.

On 02/11/2021 at 15:27, Josh said:

We watched through all of the first season of Taskmaster Norway. It’s got highs and lows. Feels like misogyny is a tad more prevalent in Norway. I really like that they always physically bring their prizes on stage.

We also watched the first episode of Taskmaster Sweden. It’s sooooo different. Four regular contestants with a different fifth guest each episode. The prizes are introduced in one video package by the assistant. And they do a BUNCH of tasks per episode. I think I prefer keeping it to five and spending more time on them. All told, we’ll probably watch more. It’s still got some cool things going for it.

Both are on YouTube with optional subtitles, and I think Finland and Denmark are there too.

i actually really like that sweden put its own spin on it. i can tell you from spending some time in sweden that changing it from a sort of class-based master-servant relationship to a office-based, bureaucratic system with unnecessary paperwork and rubber stamps is a very funny take on swedish society, and the kind of thing swedes will love.

I really need to finish watching it actually. I was originally watching it as it came out, and the subs were autogenerated nonsense, but i think someone has kindly gone through and done a proper translation now.

the swedish taskmaster house is actually right next to my wife's office. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2021 at 18:34, Josh said:

Yeah, one thing we loved was the bureaucratic take, especially the assistant’s tiny desk. Likewise, I did enjoy that they kept throwing random shit into the prize pool.

I'm back at the Swedish taskmaster house today

IMG_20211115_135042.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A terrific finale and the final scores were so close.

The season 13 cast is:

Spoiler

Ardal O’Hanlon, Bridget Christie, Chris Ramsey, Judi Love and Sophie Duker

I'm not particularly thrilled, but I'm also comparing that to the Season 12 reveal which blew my mind.