Taskmaster

K

I mentioned this on Twitter in a reply to someone else, but I kinda feel they missed the mark, they have a Champion of Champions mini series, but I'd love to see a Champion of the Losers, basically every one who has come last competing for redemption.

54 minutes ago, Jereeler YUTA said:

It's the most suggested idea and they've always said they won't do it.

I can see why. Someone might deliberately do shit in the hope of being the "funny" contestant, and get rewarded with an extra payday from another series too.

• Like 1

yeah the show is much funnier when people are genuinely trying, and if there was a reason not to do that, then you risk losing that. my least favourite series was series six, where it was clear like three of the contestants just didn't really care

i was watching an old WCW thing the other week, with Giant Haystacks, and i forgot that Kevin Sullivan was known as the Taskmaster

• Like 4

2 hours ago, K said:

yeah the show is much funnier when people are genuinely trying, and if there was a reason not to do that, then you risk losing that. my least favourite series was series six, where it was clear like three of the contestants just didn't really care

Yeah, I get this. I think series 6 might be my least favourite too, perhaps because I just didn't really care for Liza Tarbuck, but I did really enjoy Alice on the show.

I've heard many good things about series 2 of Taskmaster NZ, I definitely need to watch it. I've watched a highlight video about the series too, and it did seem like fun, but I've already watched 2 episodes of series 1 and maybe I wanna watch that first! Depends if I can be arsed, though, I guess. It's definitely worth watching the second series though, yeah?

21 minutes ago, Owen said:

Yeah, I get this. I think series 6 might be my least favourite too, perhaps because I just didn't really care for Liza Tarbuck, but I did really enjoy Alice on the show.

I've heard many good things about series 2 of Taskmaster NZ, I definitely need to watch it. I've watched a highlight video about the series too, and it did seem like fun, but I've already watched 2 episodes of series 1 and maybe I wanna watch that first! Depends if I can be arsed, though, I guess. It's definitely worth watching the second series though, yeah?

it's definitely worth watching both seasons of NZ. Season 2 was probably better, one of the best seasons anywhere in the Taskmaster Universe, but season one is also fantastic.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, K said:

i was watching an old WCW thing the other week, with Giant Haystacks, and i forgot that Kevin Sullivan was known as the Taskmaster

No joke on nothing, if I had heard of Taskmaster (the show) during my shitposting days, I would've done a mash-up using the Dungeon of Doom as contestants.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Winkleman should be fantastically chaotic, Chiles is about as good a choice for the bewildered older contestant role as you can get - the rest is a bit of a blank slate, though could do without Warsi, for sure. 

I do like the idea of doing one-off specials with non-comedians, though - I don't think there's enough there to expand to a full series, but it adds a nice twist on the dynamic.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Educate an American: what’s the bad rep on Warsi for?

She's a Tory party politician (They're our republicans) and she was made a life peer in the house of Lords, which I do not know the american equivalent of.

• 4 weeks later...