Taskmaster

K

Another really good episode this week! The very simple alphabet task taking like two hours for someone had me dying.

Lesser Tom is starting to come into his own more too, playing games and bargaining with the contestants. All around really good cast, hopefully it sticks around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best thing about Taskmaster for me (as someone who's only watched series 1, 2, and the latest 3 or 4) is always just seeing the contestants get on and react to each others tasks, and it's always a bonus when they're very different styles of comic. Seeing Frankie Boyle being genuinely pleasant is quite nice, and he only pushed it the once after Mae's God comment. Makes me wonder if Stewart Lee could do it and not as the character Stewart Lee.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colly said:

The best thing about Taskmaster for me (as someone who's only watched series 1, 2, and the latest 3 or 4) is always just seeing the contestants get on and react to each others tasks, and it's always a bonus when they're very different styles of comic. Seeing Frankie Boyle being genuinely pleasant is quite nice, and he only pushed it the once after Mae's God comment. Makes me wonder if Stewart Lee could do it and not as the character Stewart Lee.

I would really recommend seasons 5 and 7. Five has Aisling Bea, Bob Mortimer, Mark Watson, Nish Kumar and Sally Phillips. Aisling, Mark, Nish and Sally are all adorable, and then Bob is just chaotic. Everyone is really sweet and fun.

Season 7 has James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang and Rhod Gilbert, and the relationship between Acaster and Gilbert, is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I generally finish most series feeling a sense of loss that the series is over, but am often quickly won over to the next batch!

We've just finished series 12. I'd say that over the last five series (8-12) my order of preference is probably...

12. (Davies, Burch, Khan, Robinson, Coren-Mitchell).

10. (Cooper, Vegas, Parkinson, Rizwan, Herring).

11. (Ritchie, Maddix, Mack, Wozniak, Kendall).

9. (Baddiel, Gamble, Brand, Wix, Matafeo).

8. (Stirling, Thomas, Sanders, Sinha, Gibson).

12 really hit high. I hadn't really seen Desiree Burch before (she was great) but I've long loved Davies, Khan, Robinson and Coren-Mitchell and they all turned up big time.