Taskmaster

K

23 minutes ago, Colly said:

Slightly off topic, but am I right in saying the Horne Section show is just on All4 at the moment and not on TV? Hate watching anything with adverts that I can't skip.

think they've dumped it all online in one go, and then will be releasing it weekly on broadcast television

• Thanks 1

I watched the first episode yesterday and it's pretty good, the jokes are a bit hit and miss but there are genuine laugh out loud moments.

It's also very much in the Taskmaster universe, if you consider Greg and Alex as playing characters on Taskmaster.

• Like 1

I watched all of it today, I liked it and it was pleasant throughout but nothing outrageously funny. Which is basically what I think of the Horne Section when they're in Dictionary Corner, so fair enough. If you like Taskmaster (or, especially, No More Jockeys) you'll probably find it enjoyable.

7 hours ago, K said:

we watched episode one last night, i really enjoyed it, i'm a big horne section fan. loved the cameo, if that's a future taskmaster contestant I'll be over the moon.

do you mean 

Hide contents

John Oliver? Because I'm with you on hoping he'd be on the Taskmaster, but unfortunately he seems stuck in that empty void he's been filming in since the pandemic. :(

Edited by LittleDaniel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

I think it started out pretty good but these latest two episodes have been hilarious. Julia Morris is my favorite and I love that it looks like she could win the whole thing using the "fuck this, let's get it over with fast and take an early lunch" strategy.

glad someone else is watching so it's not just me talking to myself. My wife and I are so glad the episode with the horrible eye thing from the opening music is done already, we're both pretty squeamish about eye stuff and we've been dreading it.

11 hours ago, K said:

glad someone else is watching so it's not just me talking to myself.

ha this is too relatable, I only know one other person that's watching the show. Sometimes the ediitng on the studio bits is a little jarring but the tasks themselves have been great; there's already been some of the NZ tasks make it to the UK version, hopefully some of these get brought over too. 

The eye poke definitely looked like a horror film yeah, though I was more horrified/astonished at how many people in the cast/studio seemingly thought Planet X was real in the next episode.