Sky Bet EFL 2018/19

Lineker

3 minutes ago, TCO said:

I meant specifically civilian massacres conducted by the British Army. Casualties is war are a given and I wouldn't criticise that.

We've got two Bloody Sundays where innocent civillians were murdered thanks to our lovely foreign occupiers!

Casualties on all sides. Nobody has clean hands. Bloody Sunday, blowing up a chippy.

26 minutes ago, MDK said:

Casualties on all sides. Nobody has clean hands. Bloody Sunday, blowing up a chippy.

There were terrorists on both sides. The UDA and IRA blowing the shit out each other is very different to the British government appointed death squads shooting up a stadium (1920) and the British Army murdering 14 civilians (1972).

Nobody is condoning the actions of the IRA or UDA. The fundamental problem is the poppy commemorates soldiers who murdered innocent Irish people. Also the same British soldiers who colluded with loyalist paramilitaries and aided them in murdering civilians.

TLDR; It's really messed up to expect a Catholic Northern Irish person to wear a poppy!

• Like 1

Just now, TCO said:

There were terrorists on both sides. The UDA and IRA blowing the shit out each other is very different to the British government appointed death squads shooting up a stadium (1920) and the British Army murdering 14 civilians (1972).

Nobody is condoning the actions of the IRA or UDA. The fundamental problem is the poppy commemorates soldiers who murdered innocent Irish people. Also the same British soldiers who colluded with loyalist paramilitaries and aided them in murdering civilians.

TLDR; It's really messed up to expect a Catholic Northern Irish person to wear a poppy!

Like I said, nobody has clean hands.

6 hours ago, MDK said:

Like I said, nobody has clean hands.

Only one government aided terrorists and murdered civilians. I think the Republic's hands are fairly clean.

This whole thing is a joke. McClean is being investigated by the FA now. If it were a black player or Muslim player getting this abuse for their background there'd be uproar. McClean is Irish so sectarian abuse is a-OK 

58 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

James McClean has been warned by the FA for using an offensive word on Instagram in which he described Stoke fans as cavemen. 

Jaysus, fined for speaking the truth.

10 weeks just isn't long enough, surely. Bet he feels stitched up a bit by the owner leaving Crawley for that.

Been a few sackings this week. Swindon sacked Phil Brown and replaced him with Richie Wellens, and John Askey has been sacked by Shrewsbury. He could end up back at Macclesfield, who he left in the summer after promotion, because they haven't replaced his already-sacked successor Mark Yates yet.

Askey replaced Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury and he's already been canned by Ipswich too. So those two moves didn't work out at all for the three clubs concerned.

I know this is the EFL thread, but Notts actually managed a 4-2 win over Doncaster to qualify for the knockout stages of the Checkatrade Trophy. I know Doncaster fans won't be losing sleep over it, and I know the competition is worth little unless you reach the final, but perhaps a win, in whatever form it takes, could be a much-needed confidence boost.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I know this is the EFL thread, but Notts actually managed a 4-2 win over Doncaster to qualify for the knockout stages of the Checkatrade Trophy. I know Doncaster fans won't be losing sleep over it, and I know the competition is worth little unless you reach the final, but perhaps a win, in whatever form it takes, could be a much-needed confidence boost.

The Rovers forum is in meltdown but it's full of absolute imbeciles. I'm glad you beat us by two goals, means we're out of that joke competition. It was the second string mostly, but we are on a miserable run of form at the minute regardless.