UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

I think we have it easier than United. PSG are going to terrorize United's midfield and back line.

I'm quietly confident for us. Bayern have been on the decline this season. They're definitely vulnerable. We just need to manage a good game at Anfield as we will be without VVD. Thankfully everyone else should be fit by then.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Not too bad for the English sides unless you're Liverpool. Feel they all could advance though.

A throwback to brighter days.

Bayern are having a poor season and this looks like the best Liverpool side in years. It should be a great the and as of right now I'd probably have Liverpool as slight favourites.

Spurs I think will find it difficult to get past Dortmund, and Man Utd will not have it easy at all against PSG. Although who knows if Mourinho will still be in charge by then.

City, Barca, Real and Roma have the best chance of advancing on the face of it, I'd say. The other 4 ties could all go either way.

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Ajax vs Real sounds like a proper classic European tie.

Ajax with a bunch of Nigerian 19 year olds in their team versus Real with Raul upfront in a shirt eight sizes to big for him and Hierro studding someone in the first minute. It's raining and at least one of the managers is smoking.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lineklaus said:

We played Dortmund last year so it'll be interesting to see how far we have come since then.

One things for sure, they should be two quality matches. Dortmund are on fire this season.

Admittedly the goals have dried up a little, but they’re still in excellent form. I say that as they’re now only average 2 a game instead of 4. :shifty:

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Thomas Muller banned for both legs of the Liverpool tie.

Good news.

However, shame big Virg is out for the first leg. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47214558

Jadon Sancho: Borussia Dortmund flight delayed after England winger forgets passport

Borussia Dortmund's flight to London for their Champions League encounter against Tottenham on Wednesday was delayed after England winger Jadon Sancho forgot his passport.

The 18-year-old realised his mistake when he arrived at the airport and needed to return home.

Dortmund have arrived in England and will train at Wembley on Tuesday before the first leg of the last-16 tie.

Sancho scored the first as Dortmund drew 3-3 with Hoffenheim on Saturday.

Idiot :lol:

• Haha 1

Yes, Kimpembe is lucky to get away with his foul on Shaw which was a 2nd yellow all day. And despite Young's being a shoulder barge if he'd got a 2nd yellow we couldn't really argue.

The game is lacking in quality in the final third but it's tight as you'd expect knock-out games to be.

Just hope Tony can come out in the second half as Rom can't do what he can.